Player of the season

Gordon didn’t score in the early games partly because we were so poor at creating chances but he never stopped trying. He is my player of the season.

1 Like

And that’s exactly why Id go with McDonald.

Yawn

Anyway, in my opinion it’s Gordon.

1 Like

Tricky one for a number of factors, as mentioned above in some posts (haven’t trawled through them all!), but I would go with Flash due to consistency, although I can see why Wes would get it for maybe different reasons. Let’s not unpick everything to the nth degree! :wink:

In my opinion (disclaimer: this is the opinion of the author and is in no way a statement of fact or surety) it’s Wes as he’s excited me the most. Be happy for Josh to win though.

Going to add a disclaimer in every post now I think.

2 Likes

No love for Gaffney?

:joy: :joy:

Covering your back there mate i like it.

1 Like

For me it’s (just) Flash. His none stop effort just edges it.

And that’s not opinion, it’s fact. Prove me wrong :wink:

2 Likes

Fine, I was responding to what you wrote in your earlier post.

Gordon, just for his 100% commitment and effort. He carries out his attacking duties and does his job, but also chases lost causes and tracks back to help defend. He’s had bad spells but has worked hard to overcome them showing determination and commitment. Type of Walsall player that the fans love.

2 Likes

Gordon easy , it’s not even a debate.

Yeah I know. But that’s just fact.

Gordon is always going to win the popular vote. It’s easy to see why, works hard and scores goals. Plus McDonald only has to have one average game and people turn (been the same for years with our best player. See Cook, Oztumer, Sawyers).

But let’s not change the bare facts of the season and call it opinion. But I’ll stop now. People don’t like football discussion on a football forum. It’s great we can have this discussion because at least two players have impressed. At one point none of them deserved it.

SO basically if it dont conform too your views its not right…

Its an opinion of each person’s view,

Wes has been amazing but he was an unknown and has proved his worth

Josh was one of them we always knew could be better and score goals but had not come too that form even for the first few games he looked lost…Summat then clicked and hes been on fire for us…Most transformed and top goal scorer for us he deffo would be player of season…

But i 100% agree its great we can debate this after what we all saw for the start of season so hats off too all the players atm for the transform in play and big shout too the staff for making it so…but lets see it continue and grow in all aspects and get that consistency .

1 Like

Flash. He improved a lot, but he works for the team the same, as before.

No not at all. I’ve said myself it’s close it’s a very valid opinion to think Josh Gordon is man of the season.

It’s worth mentioning that Adabeyo has scored 1 goal for every 91 minutes he’s been on the pitch.
I’d still give it to Josh though.

3 Likes

That’s an outstanding record. Not enough for player of the season but his and Gordons improvement over the year, as well as Laverys undoubted quality probably means we don’t have to splash out on a striker in the summer. Very promising.

Flash! Ah-ah
Savior of the universe
Flash! Ah-ah
He’ll save everyone of us
Flash! Ah-ah
He’s a miracle
Flash! Ah-ah
King of the impossible

He’s for every one of us
Stand for every one of us
He saves with a mighty hand
Every man, every woman
Every child, it’s the mighty Flash

It took a while for McDonald to break into the side
That said, it took Gordon 14 games to score a league goal, so they’ve both been late bloomers

Agreed. I think Saddlers supporters are sometimes a bit too eager to criticize young players who are trying to learn their trade and make their way in the game. They often need a bit of leeway. Encouragement works better than criticism: well-known fact.

Oh and I remember someone saying on here quite a while ago about Adebayo that “there is a player in there”. Seems like he’s coming out! :smiley: