POLL: Current expectations for 2019/20

Spot on post mate agree 100%

1 Like

Basically as football club who have only spent 1 season out of the past 24 seasons in League 2 then Yes the Board should certainly be giving Clarke at minimum a top 6 budget.

Due to bigger fan bases I would expect Bradford , Plymouth and maybe Swindon to have a bigger budget than us. And then there’s Scunthorpe who always live beyond their means and moneybags Salford but after that we really should be up there budget wise ! OVER TO YOU JEFF !!

3 Likes

You assumed correctly :grin:

So did I just wanted to make a statement :wink:

2 Likes

I think if we finish anywhere in the top ten its a decent season. I do genuinely think it will take a few years to be pushing further. I do think Clarke has it in him to pull something off though.

Of course id like us to put enough in the be pushing top 3 but we all realistically know its middle of the road budget in L2. The likes of Bradford have never been shy of throwing money around at this level.

Could argue though that with our budget being league two that for many of those seasons we have over achieved and in budget terms we are simply now ‘at our level’.

Agree that we probably always have had a league two budget when in league 1… but even that budget should Be a competative top 6 in this league. Emphasis on the word Should.

I agree that our budget should be competitive for top 6 in the league, But let just hope that DC targets the right players and we don’t end up with another Makris!!

1 Like

I think Jeff had more of a say in Makris. So yes a similar signing is still possible I’m afraid😄

2 Likes

Promotion by hook or by crook, anything else is a failure. The board need to show ambition, which they’ve partly done with the manager, so let’s see.

2 Likes

You’ve got to factor in that ,by the end of Keates’ time, quite a few people were getting nostalgic for the Whitney era. That’s a hell of a lot of poor management to resolve in a single summer. I suspect if we did get promoted next season, it would be be with a late run. The January window may be as crucial than this summer’s signings.

Let’s hope DC took a leaf out of Chris Nicholl’s book when he met the squad for the first time this week, first words out of Big Chris’s mouth apparently was :speaking_head: " I WANT PROMOTION !!! "

3 Likes

I really hope we as fans are patient and give DC some time. According to Bristol Rovers it took some time for them to click. I just know what our lot are like and the last thing we need is for the fans to be getting on DC’s and the players back 1/3 through the season.

We were probably more patient than usual with Keates due to his legend status but I feel given time DC can get us going in the right direction. Let’s support the bloke, he’s more than the best we deserve within the current climate at the club.

8 Likes