Pomlett bashing

I love my fellow Walsall fans (well most of em), it’s the only positive the club has going for it atm. But, come on. A post from my long-term sparring partner @el_nombre really hit home with me. Why are we are always saying “oh well at least it’s not a, b, c happening”, then when it happens it changes to “oh, well at least it’s not d, e, f!” And so the cycle continues as we plummet. Some of the apologists would still be protecting Mole and Gamble if we were relegated to the Vanarama North.

This club is a shambles and it’s about time we had some answers on the real pressing issues that has been dragging us down for 15 years+. Tbh I don’t blame Pomlett, he has made some bad mistakes, but it’s still the same issues that we had before his arrival with the same man to blame - and it will continue to be until we are rid of the toxic relationship with one family. I also don’t see a lot of Pomlett bashing going on, generally, and quite rightly imo, it’s Bonser bashing.

We are paying customers, we don’t have to give this club money. Answer the questions we need answering or they are going to find there won’t even be 2k of us left. Personally, I am at a crossroads here, couldn’t even be bothered to post over the ridiculous Clarke saga (yes he was rubbish but we have effectively lost a manager to a club below us in our own league). The anger has gone and has been replaced by something even worse - apathy.

Please LP; find a buyer for this club, take yourself and all the remnants of the JB infrastructure, that you were part of, with you. Or, give us the answers we need, freshen the place up from top to bottom (not all of it costs money, just needs fresh thinking) and get rid of all the rotten Uncle Jeff remnants that turned Walsall FC into an events business, leaving the football club to rot, the result of which we are now seeing (some of us did warn our fellow fans that this would be the end result 5 years ago).

20 Likes

Find someone with £10 million prepared to buy a bottom division football club - that’s the answer isn’t it, easy, why didn’t we think of that earlier!

Honestly some of the $***€ being spouted on here beggers belief.

4 Likes

Who said anything about 10 million?

The problem is here, fans have left their money in the club during a global pandemic, some aren’t even working, and as far as we know, it could be going on the rent. We are still, as a fanbase, lining one mans pockets. There is still a shroud of mystery surrounding all financial dealings, a conscious effort still being made to hide definite figures where possible; something we hoped would be a thing of the past.

Spouting ■■■■ I might be, but I’ve had enough. It’s easy to give truthful answers to important questions, thats all I am asking.

Nothing has changed with the infrastructure at the football club. Its effectively an events business that has lost 4 million in turnover, and we allowed that to happen. It became Birmingham Events Ltd and Walsall FC was a very far placed second. I would sooner go and support a non-league club that continue to line the Bonser families pockets.

If more of the people that are ‘talking ■■■■’ decide to do the same, the club is finished. Just remember that.

10 Likes

What ■■■■ is being spouted? We’re ■■■■, we’re still falling, Bonser’s Pension Park holds us back, without serious investment we keep falling.

Sounds like facts to me.

7 Likes

The utter tripe that I’ve seen on these boards includes;

Insist all youth team trainees are given 3 year deals just in case they ’ come good’,

Ground sharing with Hednesford;

Ground sharing with Rushall Olympic (!!!);

Establish a new club (Walsall 1888 ??) and rise phoenix-like out of the ashes, winning 8 back to back promotions to get back to our current position and do a ‘Roy of the Rovers’ on our evil twin;

Persuade Walsall MBC to buy the freehold - if ever there was a ‘out of the frying pan into the fire’ moment surely that would be it;

Just find a new owner ( a rich one) - just like that;

Ian Holloway - enough said;

Employ a double act of David Kelly and Darren Wrack as managers - because they’re good on the radio;

Ask the Bonser family to donate the freehold to the club out of the goodness of their hearts;

I haven’t quite heard someone calling for Big Ron to come and manage them, but it’s probably not far away!

3 Likes

All of the above, no matter how unrealistic some of it is, is preferable to this cesspit of a financial situation that we find ourselves in.

Our fans loyalty is being tested to the very limit and I’m sure they won’t keep on funding Bonser as it stands, so what’s going to happen then? What’s your suggestion? Keep paying Bonsers family its rent while the club drifts into non-league and thousands of fans drift away?

Where’s the bloody fight gone Walsall fans. It should never have been allowed to get this far. So well drilled with the well-run club bullshit, some still can’t see past it. Birmingham Events Ltd F.C.

8 Likes

Totally agree Funk.

What about Big Ron for the job?

4 Likes

He had lost me until he mentioned big Ron for next manager :grin: :wink:

I wonder how much cash the current Directors have put in the kitty.It is surely time they stood up and be counted instead of hiding in the background.If they still continue in the present vogue they should resign.

Yeah, people are quick to say fans are spouting ■■■■ yet don’t have any ideas themselves, if going to knock others especially rudely, at least add some intelligence to it with an idea of your own.

3 Likes

If you are going to quote me, at least state the facts. I was the one that posted about longer contracts, but didn’t state that all youth team players should be given them at all.

■■■■.

4 Likes

Most of his posts are obnoxious.

1 Like

Ask the AFC Wimbledon fans how they feel about that journey. Starting at step 8, all as one - just so their hard-earned cash didn’t help some greedy, tinpot local chancer turn into a multi-millionaire at their club’s expense.

I would fully support this, unfortunately, too many people like this sat on their hands knocking anyone that dares to try and find away out of this ridiculous mess. Saturday was the first time in years I didn’t even look out for our result after the circus of the previous week.

Losing the will with Walsall FC :frowning:

4 Likes

And you are right Belph, longer contracts for those who show potential is a no brainer and standard practice at all clubs.

2 Likes

Can you clarify what the footballing side of the Club has to do, past or present,with Mole and Gamble?

1 Like

If it is the same group I think, I must admit, different perspective is always good to know. Not saying good or bad, but different. It stopped when it went private. Looks like I can’t join, but do I lose much? Probably not.

You said we should give longer Contracts to younger Players and then quoted 3 year deals.

Yes I did, but not to every trainee. I’m talking about selected players. I didn’t mention trainees. More the Sawyers / Etheridge types , but yes, highly rated trainees should be backed. Speculating to accumulate.

1 Like

Are you for real haha :rofl:

They are in powerful positions at the football club looking after daily operations - correct? All those dry ticket offers that haven’t worked for 10 years, the pricing structure (where at one time we were charging as much to watch League One football as our Championship rivals, all while pricing out young adults), alienating the floating fan with a ridiculous matchday walk-up system, attracting new supporters - and failing miserably, sponsorship (Villa players being displayed on he ad hoardings outside our stadium), they looked after and oversaw the events business to the direct detriment to the football club - I could go on?

Its like saying Goebbels wasn’t part of Nazi Germany. Total and utter tosh.

Fresh, new thinking required from new fresh new members of the board room. If a new chairman from outside the cub had come in, they would have been the first out of the door. Fact.

4 Likes

But we already do that - at a certain point-for certain Players.What we don’t do, quite rightly, is to make this a financial burden by handing them out left,right and centre to every youngster we bring in.

It goes back to the valid accusation of hindsight.

1 Like