Pomlett bashing

I want to know how competitive our budget will be compared to others in our division and is there any chance we could get some new investors in?

2 Likes

There was a video albeit by LP (I think) where he said he got the targets that DC wanted. Knowing DC’s character as we do, I doubt he’d have played along with that if it wasn’t true.

2 Likes

I think we have been consistently lied to by everyone at the Bescot, Bonser, Pomlett, Clarke, etc, we are only told what they want us to hear, if we ever got to hear the redacted statements… .

1 Like

That’s irrelevant now Mavrak

I do wonder if we’d have dug enough about DC we might have unearthed a few of the things about him that none of us are now to keen on ? Did we just go … he gets promotions he’ll do.

1 Like

I recall this as well.

It is not always someone’s fault and blame does not always have to be attached. You can always use if’s and but’s, if we did this, if we did that. Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.

DC looked like a great appointment. Certainly the Squad assembled for his 1st season looked pretty good.

My big concern would be that the person heavily involved in player recruitment first time round, may well be the same person this summer.

1 Like

Thought as much. Although as I said to Gensanx, most Managers end up with 5th or 6th choice anyway.

Who was that?

Dutton.

On what basis?

Clarke was given everything he wanted when he came in. Pomlett trusted his judgment implicitly .

The majority of the budget went on players who have massively underachieved- Sinclair/ Clarke/ Lavery/ Guthrie.

I reckon LP won’t make that mistake again.

8 Likes

You’d certainly like to think so,Darrell bought a couple of his mates with him in Clarke and Sinclair and they’ve not done well at all Guthrie was extremely disappointing considering the levels he’s played at in the past.In my opinion Guthrie was totally unprofessional in his shape/fitness because that’s all in his hands problem was the only thing in his hands was a burger and fries.Lavery has been better in recent weeks but again there’s a reason he was sent out on loan all his career from the likes of Sheffield United.We really need to get this season done and dusted and hopefully avoid relegation then focus on shipping out the dead wood and replacing them with some players who at least offer something to this football club.

3 Likes

The links to some of the Chairman’s videos have been pulled from the OS! Possibly being re engineered?

1 Like

For full on bashing of the owner you need to have a look at Walsall Fans Wet Your Beds. It’s gold.

3 Likes

The Pomlett scooby doo meme is a weekly treat on there now.

3 Likes

Tbf it’s pretty funny.

2 Likes

Couldn’t one of either the Chief Executive or the Chief Operating Officer have been furloughed to save money? Now that the collective video updates have been abandoned and are solo gigs by the Chairman, surely we don’t need to both to either cry over bank statements or virtually attend Working Party Meetings? Are there any other aspects to their work? I wouldn’t know as I’m merely a fan.

1 Like

Pomlettegate !!!

…seems strange thing to do, especially with a working party meeting tonight

Maybe he wants something editing in or out ?

1 Like

Wonder which questions will be redacted…
We’ll probably end up with…
“Are the toilets now in full working order?”
Answer “Yes”.
Meeting over, thanks for attending, this has been a very informative evening.

4 Likes