Pomlett, Gamble, Mole, Fullerton

Plant or troll mate, you always see them thrive in times of crisis.

Maybe even a Mole!! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Read last week that Jermain Defoe is looking to finish playing (somewhere where he gets a game) at the end of this season and then concentrate on taking up a youth coaching role to restart his career on that side of the game having failed to combine the two at Rangers.

Obviously no chance he would come to us :rofl:

1 Like

Ooof, I reckon @Ramred might have something to say about that!

3 Likes

What are they going to pay his wages with burnt sausage rolls?:joy:

Very, very different between suggesting (and someone else actually made the suggestion) that the twitter ramblings of a disgruntled wife might be alcohol fuelled and accusations that a member of walsall staff is a racist and a bully, is ā€œscumā€ and ā€œdeserves a smackā€. If you canā€™t see that, but would rather throw it back at me and @WalsallOne as you have done, I think thatā€™s a shame.

To be fair Iā€™d say sexism is right up there with Racism.

1 Like

It would be poetic if he scored his first and last career goals at Bescot.

2 Likes

Bit of a double standard there, which is also a shame. I do actually appreciate what youā€™re saying and I think we could benefit from being less reactionary before an allegation even rises above the level of unsubstantiated rumour.

Where you and I differ, I suspect, is that you donā€™t think itā€™s right that the allegation should have been reproduced on the website in the first place, regardless of how some contributors have chosen to react to it. Agree to disagree.

1 Like

OK, always happy to agree to disagree with someone on personal opinion of a factual situation. Best wishes to you.

You did factually use a double standard to be fair so probs for the best :+1:

3 Likes

Best wishes.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Interesting post from Tej Lalvani over on LinkedIn, makes me laugh out loud when I think of Walsall FC in comparisonā€¦

Working at McDonaldā€™s was the start of my journey at work.

Washing grills, mopping floors, cleaning toilets, and working long hours for the first time in my life. The experience taught me a lot about respect and responsibility.

But most of all, it taught me that no company is a success without the hard work of countless individuals.

A company IS its employees.

A CEO must never forget that.

At the start of each season, I always think this soap opera /basket case of a club canā€™t get any worse and things will turn around for the better.

In the middle of each season, as the same mistakes are made again and again, I feel anger, disappointment and a sense of helplessness. Like the last 5/6 years Iā€™ve now written off the second half of the campaign because itā€™s clear we arenā€™t good enough to compete.

Unfortunately (and Iā€™d hate to admit this), but we are very likely to fall into the non league in the next couple years. Should we do so, we are unlikely to return back to the football league for a very long time.

It feels like I am watching my loved one die a slow and painful death, and thereā€™s nothing I can do about it.

I hope Iā€™m wrong, but itā€™s looking bleak.

UTS

7 Likes

Saw this post from him on LI yesterday too. Had to laugh when comparing it to what we are treated like

You and me both. :laughing: We are on a long run of being wrong wrong wrong.

Somebody mentioned on a thread that they should do a fly on the wall documentary on Walsall FC. All I could think of for some reason was that it would be like Phoenix Nights.

4 Likes

And the fly would have to be thoroughly vetted and mock-interviewed before being allowed anywhere near the wall, with a pre-agreed no fly zone around any shit.

1 Like

Said this regularly on this site haha. Exactly what Walsall FC reminds me of.

As off the pace as JBā€™s 80s mullet.

2 Likes

I reckon itā€™s more The Office. Pomlett the cringy boss trying to be everyoneā€™s mate (David). Fullarton the lap dog constantly trying to impress the boss while being a prick to his colleagues (Gareth). Mole sitting around, usually talking about what he watched on TV last night (Keith). Taylor, staring at the camera breaking the fourth wall, wondering what has become of his life (Tim).

13 Likes