Pomlett or Bonser?

I dont want to repeat my post from the walsall fc issues thread, but simply put… same board same problem

5 Likes

Do we know what the price is to buy back the freehold and own the stadium? I’ll get shot down and it’s daydreaming but if (for example) it’s 4 million, 2,500 season ticket holders put £1,600 each and the fans own the stadium. Of course nothing is that straightforward, but some outside of the box thinking is surely required or we will never get the ground back.

I honestly believe LP is doing his utmost to attract investment into the club in order to secure the freehold…something that has been our Achilles Heel for decades.
He has said, repeatedly, that we have a better chance of investment when we achieve L1 status.
In my opinion, he has given his limited funds to the club to keep us afloat during COVID. I don’t he’s prepared to put everything he has into the club, he’s smarter than that, but I do believe he’s trying his best to relieve the rent situation.
He’s in a very tough spot. Lower L2 club seeking investment to purchase the club’s freehold, Chinese billionaires and Saudi princes are welcome to apply!

4 Likes

I believe it’s been mentioned before and the price was likely to be above £10 million?

Also, although it’s thinking out if the box, I can’t see that many fans willing to stick in a few grand each.

1 Like

Considering LP and his cronies don’t even want outside fan representation at any level in the boardroom (which I find suspicious in itself) how on earth would they feel about the fans owning the freehold :joy:

2 Likes

I can’t help but feel some of this “he’s put his own money in” praise is a bit overblown.

For a start, He brought a business that has made a consistent profit, despite the exact same restrictions that were placed on it before his tenure being in place. If all he did was tick it over at about the same level the wheels would turn and we’d trot along at a middling pace (sound familiar?)

Secondly, he stressed all of the board members have contributed with time or money during Covid. The first, I’m afraid, is an absolute bare basic of any sitting board member. As for them contributing money, cool. That sure is nice of them. Fans left all season ticket money in the club, we (well, Rob) did fund raisers, they’ve had grants and bail outs, they furloughed people. So I’m glad the chairman of the board felt a responsibility to chip in too. He will get his back one day though.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, 10 million is way more than I thought tbf, but I’m no business man, obviously :slight_smile: It might be worth seeing who might be interested though. I’m far from wealthy but would I give serious consideration to investing several grand to have a stake in my club? Absolutely.

That would be one of the main bonuses for me! Imagine the horror!!

It’s astonishing the tag lines some people will fall for again and again. I think this one works because it tugs on those heartstrings, which, let’s face it, Walsall FC ‘old and new’ uses time and again.

It was even suggested on here at one point that Mole is a Walsall fan. The geezer is Villa through and through and makes no secret of the fact.

Please give me someone who isn’t a fan - but is capable of enacting change, please.

3 Likes

He needs to go back to selling programmes.

1 Like

Just to keep everyone informed that our No 1 fans brother ( Robert ) can be found doing neighbourly acts of environmental kindness, namely collecting cans, paper, rubbish etc along certain roads and pathways in Blocko, perhaps he does this as redemption for his own and brothers input into the malaise of WFC, if only he would make his way to the golden egg Banks’s stadium and pick up all the crap occupying the floor areas there.

I would love to kick Mole and Gamble off my 1x1sq ft of land for trespassing

1 Like

Please, please aim them in the direction of my sq ft so I can do the same.

1 Like

It’s not for sale and never has been. Bonser made a great play in 2011 saying he was going sell ‘to the right person’ lol and the value he put on it at the time was £4.5 m.
He was offered £4.6m and turned it down flat. .
It’s not for sale :arrow_right: PERIOD

I would also add that any directors [at any club] can make loans to their club - hooray! …and then have them repaid at interest rates that are definately not available ‘on the high street’ - boo!
It’s also perfectly reasonable that directors and chairmen can pay themselves should they so wish.

9 Likes

Interesting question this. What a choice.

I guess as it’s too early to fairly judge Pombear, I’ll go NEITHER.

I’d rather have a pint with Leigh though.

UTS.

1 Like

I often wonder that if Jeff had been better, nicer, more ambitious; how successful we could have been. That season where we beat Cardiff away at Xmas, to be close to PL playoffs, investing then or not selling Dann/Fox etc…

Just wonder where we could be now? Not PL obvs but not lower table division 4.

2 Likes

Jeff would nick your crisps whilst your at the bar.

2 Likes

You’re mate :wink:

By the time you got back from the toilet it’d be under his ownership and you’d be paying rent to sit at your table. And he’d have frozen your beer

3 Likes

Not Gensanx

3 Likes