Pomlett or Bonser?

One of them posseses our gonads by misdeed, the other one strokes them to make sure they emit the right amount of cash.

1 Like

You know, it would be pombear all day.
It is totally unforgivable what that leach boner has done to our club and I will never forgive him.
However, I cannot believe we have a new owner who has not implemented any sort of step change, either in the boardroom or within the club, and I find that very suspicious.
Nothing has really changed or feels different under Pommers.
I desperately hope he’s not the Bonser stooge to protect the golden egg.

10 Likes

Pomlett is the Keates version as owner imo.

His heart is in the right place and we all wish him well but I just don’t think he’s got the nous as football owner to really push the club back to where it was 5 year ago e.g. mid table league 1 which wasn’t viewed as good enough at the time.

He’s certainly worse than Bonser if club ever goes into non league under his watch.

1 Like

Hard to say. Impossible to check how JB would do in pandemic times. Or how LP would do in normal times.

1 Like

Just becuase I spent ages on this reply on another thread… and its relevant… ill wheel it out here too:

Bonzo or Omelette… Tomato/ Tomato… its the same board… they need changing. As someone on the other thread said…male, pale and stale

Pomlett 66 (logistics) 2010 - 12 years;
Bond 68 (manufacturing) 2005 - 16 years;
Tisdale 75 (manufacturing) 1994 - 28 years;
Whalley 76 (teacher) 1988 - 34 years;
Gilman 83 (developer) 2006 - 15 years;
Mole 43 (journalist) 2015 - 7 years;
Gamble 47 (accountant) 2007 - 14 years;
Plus the SLO and Fullerton

Its absurd that the only person on this board with any football management back ground is Gilman and Fullerton. Gilman was part of the board at leeds united 26 years ago, football has completely changed since then. Fullerton (Notts County and Halifax) and hes not even lasted a year at either club. This board needs a tear up to be honest. Some fresh blood, fresh perspective.

Theres no experience for anything we need off the pitch. We need directors who have football knowledge, events management, hospitality experience; current commercial sales experience; communication experience, merchanisdising, food and beverage, entertainment, facility management experience. Instead we have some rich old manufacturing has-beens, that roll in for a free meal in their Walsall tie every other week.

Why is LP being given so much slack, when in reality, hes been here for 12 years… Why are Whalley and Gilaman at their age are still involved? Its a joke. They cant be offering relevant advice now days. Theyre probably about as connected as the pager.

The clubs structure is stale and all arrows point to the top. Nothing has changed since Pomlett came in and thats becuase the board hasnt changed at all. Its like re-arranging chairs on the titanic.

3 Likes

Question: Was the pandemic good business for Walsall FC?

Staff furloughed - check
Contract players furloughed - check
Season ticket money trousered [twice] - check
EFL grant [twice] - check
One off payment from EFL covid 19 fund - check
Share of TV rights money [twice] - check
Local Government grant support - check
Central Government Corona virus support schemes [various] - check
Advertising signs income - check
Compensation from Port Vale for Clarke - check
Transfer fees received from Adebayo and Jules - check
Add on agreements from transfer of Henry - check. check. check. check
Transfer fees paid nil - check
Money saved on signing crap players - check
Money saved on max amount of loan players - check
Stadium maintenance money spent nil - check

I might have missed out a few :wink:

10 Likes

Two points:-

1. how would Bonser have differed from Pomlett if he had to face the problems caused by the pandemic?

2. People have mentioned the promotions under Bonser. Remember that we have had an equal number of relegations!

5 Likes

The thought of Walsall FC under Bonser whilst in this pandemic… what a horrible thought. Even worse than the current dross.

2 Likes

Way to early to compare the owners Bonser had 20+ years Pomlett has had 30 months 24 months of which have been shrouded by covid.

6 Likes

Short memories.

He is not the saviour, he made it clear when he took ownership. His going for it comments dont help granted. Silly of him without real investment.

Its always the same budget, a large wedge of luck will take us up. Sad, but true.

2 Likes

FTFY

And in the next 12-24 months we will be overtaken by former basket cases Chesterfield and Stockport whilst continuing to be “well run”.

1 Like

You might be right. Sadly.

We exhibit some of the problems of those clubs almost to a tee.

Its a long way back to league one anyway.

1 Like

There’s virtually no chance of us getting promoted under this regime.
In football the phrase “no chance” barely exists as there is always Bob Hope, but as much as it does we have “no chance”. As soon as we get a decent player they will be by definition be in the last year of their contract, because we will have signed them as a no-mark, given a two year deal max, and it will have taken a year for them to prove they were decent - so then they must be sold.
Jules and Ade last year to a tee.
We have a “model” of being “well run” (as a so called business) which is almost a blueprint of how to guarantee failure as a (so called) football club. Chris Nichols, Ray Graydons, and Dean Smiths do come around, but not very often - and even less likely so under Pomlett because he’s 1) Financially potless, and 2) Footballingly clueless and unconected. Fullarton :rofl:

3 Likes

Omelettes been on the board for 12 years.

2 Likes

To be fair, we have paid transfer fees (undisclosed of course) for Holden and Menayese and compensation for Earing during the pandemic.

1 Like

Yes you’re right Tom and in fairness I should have included:-

Rent paid on ground [2 years] - Check

Can’t wait for the latest set of accounts this year for every business that I’m monitoring. :thinking: :wink: :angry:

3 Likes

I can guess them for one particular business.

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness

4 Likes

Incorrect. More like 9 months initially, July to March, and this season attendances have returned to, if not bettered, pre covid levels.

Good post that Cully & spot on.

Clearly we lost revenue but not as bad as the club makes out; if Covid had been that bad there would be a lot of clubs going bankrupt now, as Leigh predicted.

Bottom line is I like Leigh as a bloke; wouldn’t mind a beer with him. But if he really wanted to change our club for the better, reunite us with our ground, build an upper League One club; he would have made changes at board level by now & he hasn’t. So it’s literally same old, same old.

We need change & we need it now.

6 Likes

Ensuring the rent is paid to JB by maintaining JB pals in the board is LPs role.

Any progress on the pitch is luck

8 Likes