Port Vale (A) 7 Dec 3pm

I am saying 2-1 to us.

Someone agrees with me :open_mouth:

1 Like

I think Lee Hughes shades it for me.

1 Like

a proper local rivalry this used to be and you never know may be one day again , strange how we seemed to stop caring about what happened at Vale Park , we never lost to them it seem [or that’s how I remember it] and tomorrow will be no different

Vale 1 v 3 Mighty Saddlers - Lavery 2 , Gordon Lightfoot 1

SAME HERE. Of course we are not really on about him on the football field. i will keep my opinions to myself about him. I love it on here. Do not want to get banned.

Port Vale 0-5 Walsall… oh wait, what year is it again???

2 Likes

Bit of a weired one for me, the lads i used to knock about with were more bothered about the knock than the result on the pitch :rofl::see_no_evil:

1 Like

The one that springs to mind is Keith Ball. Only made around 50 apps for Saddlers ( in 3 spells) but had three and a half seasons at Port Vale between the posts.

Tony Rougier was my favourite opposition player during a certain game played in Cardiff.:star_struck::soccer:

1 Like

What a day that was :ok_hand:t2:

Between 1965 and 1986 - P 26 W 15 D 11 L 0. The 21 year sequence was broken by Tommy Coakley insisting on playing a side weakened by a bug doing the rounds of the UK population in general when many other teams had their games postponed.

The defeats sandwiching that run were both away at Vile Park. It took them from 1956 to 1989 to register a win at our place.

As you say, most Walsall fans have never considered it a game of any import, but a few Vale fans I knew during the time we had the evil eye over them told me they saw us as their bitterest rivals - even more so than Sjoke!

Let’s hope today is the start of another sequence giving them something to hate us for even longer!

1 Like

And Burton lose.

For the first time in a while, we should have a defence that Pope won’t easily rough up. Mind, doesn’t mean he won’t nick his mandatory goal in at the back post a la Andy Cook.

Score draw.

Roberts,Facey,Scarr,Sadler, Clarke,Sinclair,Kinsella,Guthrie,McDonald,Adebayo.Gordon is the line up. Could be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or anything else as the E&s put it!!!

So Sinclair is back, but Adebayo on for Lavery??? And still no place in the squad for Jules. Anyone got any idea what the “grand plan” is?

Well they haven’t formulated a plan as such,they’ve been using the “flying by the seat of their pants” plan up to now,and that’s been working fine…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And a new challenge for everyone. Forget predicting the score or attendance, on what minute will Bates replace the injured Guthrie this week?

I think DC picks his team to annoy my Northern friend Worsul4Eva.
Adebayo to score!!! Maybe not

2 Likes

Bates and Lavery for Guthrie and Adebayo on 59 mins, having reverted to 442 on 30 mins

I agree with the substitutes but think they will happen at HT.