Port Vale (A) 7 Dec 3pm

Kris Taylor and Ryan McGivern spring to my kind as playing for both. McGivern was only on loan to us though.

Only just realised, Holden’s not starting. :astonished:

Don’t tempt fate Andy, he might bring him on at 30 mins when he reverts to 442

What a great day, audio is not working. I wonder what’s not working too.

wow, quick talk with support and everything seems ok

Vile Park - the self-styled Wembley of the North. How many years now has their main stand been only half built with seats only to the halfway line and concrete blocks for the remainder? Mind you, they’re never going to fill them even if they did put the rest in …

Imagine forgetting the dual luminary that is Johnny Brain! For shame, sir.

We are completely clueless in the final third, passing needs to improve around around the box

Not much has happened. Of course there were some half-chances, but nothing too interesting. Solid in defence, not too convincing in offence. It probably will be another one-nil game.

Not a good game. Good shape and working hard but final ball is always so poor. Id be happy with a draw.

Tim Rawlings, Keith Ball, and the man who scored the most important Walsall goal in my lifetime, Colin Askey

1-0 Adebayo

Super action, super goal.

1 Like

The only unbeaten side at home in our division so holding onto it might not be easy but you never know

:smiley:

I am genuinely shocked by that

3 Likes

Get in!

If Jules is not injured (as Dutton said he wasn’t) and he can’t get in a squad, yet alone team, when CCM and Pring are out injured then you have to wonder what’s going on. Especially as Dutton said the only reason he wasn’t playing was due to the form of CCM. That now sounds like BS unless there’s a secret injury.

Andy, I remember the flu-hit 4-1 when we eventually lost at Vale. Funny thing was we then drew them in the FA Cup a few weeks later and thrashed them 5-0. Then in the return league game at the back end of the season they went 2-0 up at Fellows Park in the first ten minutes and their lot invaded the pitch, there was a right scrap at the front of the cowshed next to the away end and plod and his dogs waded in and made us stand about 30 yards further away than normal …while we piled in another five goals without reply to win 5-2. Happy days.

And now Adebayo has scored!! About time we started singing his name to the tune of Rock me Amadeus by Falco if you ask me…

1 Like

Guthrie off Holden on

Said he would didn’t I!
Bless him, he’s scored with a tap in, so he’s got to be better than Lavery up front.
Just got in after an afternoon DC free, to be greeted with an Adebayo tap in to put us 1-0 up. If they can cling on to THAT score it will be as big a surprise since the 3-0 at Sunderland all those years ago!
Keep 'em out lads!

Adebayo off Lavery on thanks for the goal son :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Would be a very good result to hang onto. Small steps but would be up to 17th with very winnable home game v Macc next week (if they’re not still striking).

Seems like defence done a good job today, Vale yet to have a shot on target.