Port vale Saturday

Me and my son walked around Burslem, before the game up there, looking for somewhere to eat. FFS! What a dump, it’s like the place slipped off the time conveyor in the mid 1970’s and has never got back on.

Walsall is obviously no paradise but compared to that hole it’s heaven!

4 Likes

:rofl: I usually sit down by you mate but my dads mate won 2 complimentary tickets in a pub raffle and couldn’t give them away so we had them and we ended up in the middle NM3 suppose to be but we sat anywhere.Never seen that result coming at half time mate I was fuming with the defending of their goals and that wind my god it cut straight though you.

Sums up the season on a whole too be honest…

Good and bad all in the same game with people you didnt expect too do anything doing things…

If we had a little bit of consistency then we would be a lot better off…

This Saturdays weather conditions are looking pretty much the same too, Just hope for an early goal too keep there numbers quiet and our lot summat too cheer about!

This is the type of game where we should create an atmosphere, a bit of a local derby, a good away backing , so all the ones who say it’s a library get yourselves down the Banks’s and show em how it’s done UTS

3 Likes

Our unbeaten streeks only last about 4 games normally so il ho for a 2-1 win

It would be nice for our fans to show up in numbers. With them bringing 2000+ (a good away turnout for a Championship side, let alone L2), we need to do out bit and make the Bank’s rock on Saturday.
Walsall fans have been fantastic this season, there’s only a few home games left. Let’s get behind the lads and show them what we’re made of.

2 Likes

Biggest ever PV following at ours? This is what new ownership, a few wins and a cup run can do. We are matching them on one count.

1 Like

Oh dear. I might get pasted at the station. Cannot see all them behaving themselves. They will be in a proper bad mood when we paste them.

1 Like

Why not get the train back to Stafford and change to go back up to Piccadilly ?
Save a night in the Manor :rofl:

2 Likes

Glad we’ve given them extra tickets. Think their allocation is now 2,400.

Still think we should give them the end two blocks of the main stand too if the demand is there

Not sure why we’ve made it all ticket for home fans given that with the new allocation Vale haven’t sold out as yet.

Edit - it’s not all ticket for Walsall fans (yet) you just need a booking history if buying online.

We do not want them lowering the tone

Coventry?

Did they get the full family stand?

Could be close to 7k then. Even just 4k in home end would have the attendance at nearly six and a half thousand.

Vale just like most clubs…when they were ■■■■■ in league one they only half filled the away end for that early Sunday game a few years book. One game where Jordan Cook looked a clinical striker.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they did about 4/5 seasons ago, the carers and the wheelchairs users were shoved inside the concourse of the floors to go stand to accommodate them.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/htjfc1/status/1226235808069365760?s=20

Swindon could be disappointed that we won’t be able to accommodate them.

1 Like

Looking forward to this one.Hope we can all get up for this game against the vale on Saturday. Let’s all do our best to get behind the lads and make some noise. The quality may not have been there this season but we are seeing improvement and we are a young team in general that is trying to put a bit of pride back in the wfc shirt.As seen in that amazing comeback against a strong cobblers team.Just think we have a part to play from the kick off this weekend UTS.

3 Likes

Gutted I can’t make it to this one but fair play to them for bringing a good following down - we’ve not had many at the Bescot this season - was a poor showing from Crewe a couple of weeks ago being where they are and only bringing 800

They’re flying atm so lets hope the lads get a win and knock them off their perch

Indeed. You can throw Northampton in there too.

1 Like

Yeah disappointing turn out form the Cobblers considering their position and with one of the higher home attendances.

I think you can add Plymouth to the list of bringing 2000 plus, with them going for promotion and the match on Good Friday, last two times they visited back in league one, both opening home games for us I think they bought around 2K.

We are their second nearest away trip I think after a 40 odd mile trip up the M5 to Exeter

2 Likes