Port vale Saturday

Would think Swindon, Cheltenham, Forest Green Rovers and Newport are closer for Plymouth?

1 Like

Think we WILL beat Port Vale on Saturday, probably 1-0.
Then bomb in the next two games against lower league opposition in Macc & Stevenage! As someone above says, it’s the hope that kills.
Morecambe & Carlisle probably cost us a chance at the play off’s.
He realised on Saturday what team he should have started with, (instead of pulling names out of a hat again). At least he admitted he got it wrong.
We are just too inconsistent.

1 Like

Ha ha wishful thinking on my part, still thinking we are league one rather than this godforsaken league, when we were possibly their first or second nearest trip.

Jeez, I nearly fell off my chair when I read the first few words. Thankfully I read the rest of the post so all is calm again

:smile:

7 Likes

I can’t win!! Be positive and I’m obviously ill. :grinning: Although my open hostility towards Clarke’s strange team selection of 8-0-2 on Saturday was greeted with being told that I am a Effin Moron, and a passing resemblance to David Brent by the two usual suspects who think they are the unrepresentative saviours of UTS!
I don’t care. :innocent: :wink:

7 Likes

Chins up @Worsul4eva at least you are a bit of a celeb on here :wink:

We’ve had a run-in in the past but I’m certainly warming to your posts of late.

1 Like

Ta Chunkster, it sometimes seems you are not allowed to speak your mind (by certain guys) if it is in the slightest ‘negative’…now let me look up that word…1 expressing denial, 2 lacking positive attributes 3 spending your life as a Walsall supporter…see, even the dictionary knows! :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

I desperately hate run-ins my friend, we are all Walsall supporters and UTS’ers!
Some make out that I am a miserable barsteward, but I’m not, I’m one of the happiest blokes gewin, I am retired, and still alive! I am however utterly broken hearted when my beloved team lose… then I am miserable, ask the wife!!

8 Likes

Five mates from Joke City coming down so if they are as identified, will be a day that they will never forget. Hopefully see them in the local lads pub.

You @Worsul4eva … nah never in a month of Sundays mate … :joy:

No way!

Vale fan in peace here!

Looking forward to what should be a very decent match up this weekend. Walsall away is a game I’ve attended on a number of occasions and most of them aren’t great memories! I’m not sure if our record there but it can’t make for pleasant reading from a Vale perspective.

Anyway, we’re much improved this season from the shower we have had to endure for the last few seasons. We now have new owners and since the first day they came in everything has headed in the right direction on and off the field. We’ve threw away points in the dying minutes of games too often which has been frustrating - Even more so when those extra points we could and should have had would see us somewhere near the top of the league. But our form lately has been nothing short of terrific. But this is League Two and you’re always wary of one or two players having an off day and you can get turned over by just about anybody else. But at the moment a few of our best players (Smith, Oyeleke, Pope etc) can’t even get into the 11 which is a testament to the players who have the shirt, and also the manager who has done a brilliant job so far.

I’d take a draw now to be honest as Walsall away is always a challenge. Though as you’re the only team to beat us this season in the league at Vale Park a bit of payback for that would be nice!

10 Likes

You stand every chance as we are better away from home however we are improving slowly so perhaps a draw would be a good result for both of us.

I enjoyed your post but I think you need to catch up on your reading, especially of league tables. :grin: We have improved a bit at home since Chrimble, but Bescot is rarely mistaken for a fortress these days.
Still, in almost 50 years as a Saddler, we’ve had a pretty good record against Vale, so hope we can do it again on Saturday, another double would be welcome.

I am just glad we don’t have to play Forest with this team :laughing: :wink:

I know you’re home record isn’t great but I don’t think for a moment it won’t be a difficult game. That turn around against Northampton (a side we also beat recently) will have done your chaps a load of good confidence wise, and in this league more than others confidence seems to play such a big part. I think this is how we will line up, with perhaps just one change from the 3-0 win against Colchester, although I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he kept the same 11.

Brown

Gibbons
Brisley
Legge
Montano

Joyce
Conlon
Burgess

Browne
Worrall

Cullen

What that leaves us is with the strongest subs bench we will have had for donkeys years. Pretty much all of them bar the keeper would make many Vale supporters strongest 11. Midfielder Jake Taylor has been a revelation for us on loan until he got injured, and scored every few games. Amoo is one of the best players in the league on his day, though the key part being ‘on his day’ as sometimes it seems his mentality doesn’t quite match his ability. And everyone knows about Tom Pope in the lower leagues. He’s getting on a bit now and has all the mobility of roadkill… But he’s still a pain in the arse for the opposition and he’d score goals when he’s 40 if you give him the service.

Our player of the season so far is probably David Worrall. There’s a few contenders including Legge and Taylor but Worrall just doesn’t stop running, and although he’s not really skillful or particularly quick he can run full-backs into the ground over 90 minutes. Our biggest concern has been a lack of goals. When Pope starts we suddenly start playing too much hoofball when we’re a much better side when we get it down and pass it. Hoofball suits most sides in the division as they usually have two rancid 6’3 centre-backs who are foaming at the mouth and eat children for breakfast. Cullen is a very useful player and has done well when selected and scored goals, but John Askey seems to deem him as someone who isn’t as fit as he could or should be and therefore doesn’t start often, though I expect him to keep his place on Saturday.

6 Likes

Please don’t ask us to name our probable team :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just name our whole squad and let them work it out … :joy:

1 Like

Really hope we turn up in numbers to make this a great atmosphere , with them bringing 2k plus it could be a cracker

1 Like