Portsmouth (A) Tue 27th Nov, 7.45pm

off bog.

Early team news …COOK on bench so FERRIER is up front with GORDON and WILSON plays right midfield(At least he is not at full back). I would not have left COOK out…very odd in view of his recent form.

1 Like

We usually raise our game against the better teams, think we will nick this!

As you say strange team selection? it will either be a stroke of genius or a bad mistake.

What on Earth is Keates doing? Bizarre.

Starting line-up against Portsmouth:-

Roberts

Devlin
Martin
Guthrie
Leahy

Wilson
Kinsella
Dobson
Ginnelly

Gordon
Ferrier

Substitutes: Dunn, Morris, Cook, Johnson, Fitzwater, Ronan, Osbourne

Is Cook not fully fit? The Ferrier decision does seem odd given the comments by some people on here about his attitude of late … hopefully he will now get a hat-trick!

Pace up front but midfield looks a bit lightweight.

Maybe he’s thought ■■■■ it, let’s try to out score them

Yes the midfield could almost be a youth team 4!!! When you look at the team you realise how inexperienced it is and how well we are doing with that group of players. We really need Edwards and Chambers back fit together with Osbourne and Ismail .

Lets hope so but I agree that he is a player who needs managing!!!

I get the Wilson change. Zeli and Morris offer no protection whatsoever. He’s clearly trying to give Devlin extra protection in what’s probably our toughest game of the season.

Cook though … no idea.

1 Like

Joe Masi reporting that a certain Joe Edwards was having a pre match kick about with Osbourne.

1 Like

Early goal at Roots Hall … Southend Utd 1 Scunthorpe Utd 0

Bristol Rovers 0 Gillingham 1

Oxford Utd 2 Rochdale 0

Two corners in quick succession for the Saddlers … 14 minutes

Accrington Stanley 1 Wycombe Wanderers 0

Under 2.5 goals bet cashed out after 15 minutes, showing 10% profit.

Sunderland 2 Barnsley 0

Saving him for the cup tie imo, going by earlier games in the season he seems to struggle with the third game if they’re 3 in a week.

Anyway sounds like a decent start so far, 3 corners already.

2-0 sunderland now lol

Sunderland 2 up already.

Queue Barnsley fans to go into meltdown :laughing:

We’re looking ok to be honest, but looks like Pompey could go up the gears when needed.

Three corners …a pen surely ?

Portsmouth 1 Walsall 0 (24 min) :disappointed_relieved: