Pre-KO build up / run-out music

I have only ever met Germans on holiday, and ended up arguing on every occasion, and very nearly ended up in fisticuffs :rage: once for throwing some of their towels in the pool, so i can only say they come across as a horrible race of people.
But one of my old neighbours has been to Germany and told me that they are one of the most polite genial race of people he has ever met? :no_good_man:
So it must be a holiday thing?

Yeah Adolf used to be a right ■■■■ on holiday … :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve heard (from a German) that a lot of the German’s we come across in Spain are from the north of the country where there are lots of car plants. They are all well-heeled and have a sense of superiority. Apparently a lot of other Germans dislike them also.

1 Like

Ye we have them in the north, they are known as scots :joy: :wink:

3 Likes

If a nation’s character were to be judged on that of its citizens behaviour around Mediterranean seaside resorts then I think we’d still be the ■■■■■ of Europe.

8 Likes

Lived in Germany for two years. Wonderful people.

3 Likes

That is what my neighbour said, he has a camper van, and said every time he stopped by the side of the road to read a map, someone pulled over to help him.

You listening to P.T chunkster …eh

1 Like

When me and some mates went to France for Euro 2016 we were watching a Germany game in the campsite bar. I got talking to a German chap, he was an absolute gem. A few hours later some England fans were taunting them and singing that bloody 10 German Bombers song. I could’ve handed in my nationality resignation there an then :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Also one of the cleanest places I’ve lived.

2 Likes

I’ve only been once. Went to Rudesheim about 30 years ago. One thing I remember is just how clean everywhere was.

1 Like

Before Covid happened there were 5 of us at work planning to go to a Borussia Dortmund game and would still love to go when it’s okay to travel safely again , making a weekend of it .

2 Likes

To be honest mate i have met more horrible Brits when abroad than i have Germans :wink:

4 Likes

If you find any good deals let me know please mate. It’s something me and my mate were thinking of doing pre covid.

1 Like

Dortmund is quite industrial - but Köln and Düsseldorf are super nice. I’d stay there and just travel into Dortmund for the game .

1 Like

Thanks for that , we will look into it when the time is right .

I will just be happy going to Leamington next tuesday after all this lot we’ve all been through for the time being .

2 Likes

In the late 70s (that some people apparently still see as the golden age) for a while we ran out to Mike Oldfield’s version of Portsmouth - which seemed a bit odd given that they were in the same division as us. :thinking:

And I can’t believe no one has mentioned the irony of Won’t Get Fooled Again being played after the end of each home game …

1 Like

Light option. Does anyone else use The Lumineers Ho Hey?

Start the season off with Feel The Noize, then when we’ve clinched the title with 5 games to go we change it to Slade’s cover of Let The Good Times Roll … :wink:

1 Like

Did it in 2017 with a few mates, absolutely quality experience.

We got a cheap flight to Düsseldorf, hired a car had the night there (great city), then drove to Dortmund and watched the game.

Dortmund itself is a much quieter city, but there’s still plenty to do on match day. Another good thing is your match ticket gives you free train/bus/metro travel throughout the city on the day of the game so you can do a bit of exploring before and after kick off.

The only problem we had is we didn’t realise that our tickets were in the away end, so we spent the match with 2,000 angry Wolfsburg fans as they got beat 3-0 :joy:. The atmosphere is incredible though.

2 Likes