Prediction League 2: 2021-22 Table

I think it is because i look to predict unrealistic results to try and get ahead, if that makes sense, in the hope that they will come in and i will score more points :man_facepalming:
I take the same approach with my skybet account and that is looking a bit sick as well :laughing:

That means the division gets more predictable through the season- or you get too cocky!

1 Like

Probably me being cocky :wink:

1 Like

Your Sporting Index account ain’t looking too good either :relieved:

2 Likes

In it together bro :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve never been near the surface to allow for the stone dropping :joy:

2 Likes

Weekly winners , that’s the important one … :wink:

2 Likes

Updated table after today’s games and it was a pretty good scoring day as many results came in as fancied, including the late finish at Boundary Park which gave some people some vital late points and a rise up the table!

The winning score was 5 points, achieved by Exile and matt_saddlesore - well done to both of you! It has certainly helped to hot up the race to the top spot and the running for this year’s title is tighter now than it has been for many a season!

There are two p-p games on Tuesday night then games next weekend, including the bank holiday Monday, so I will do the next table after that is all concluded.

3 Likes

Looks like I finally have to concede my title. Congratulations to @matt_saddlesore .

1 Like

Fix!!

I’m joint 3rd.
5 points above yow.

Actually, really well and also exceedingly pleased.

PLEASED that I’m a mere 2 points off the top and THRILLED that I have an outside but genuine title chance with 2 games to go.

I’m also ENJOYING my 14 (FOURTEEN) point solid gold Manchester turnaround - a combination of hopeless INCOMPETENCE, but mainly my SUPREME skill levels. :sunglasses:

This is one of the BEST and MOST SATISFYING ‘where’s Saigon LOL’ comebacks of ALL TIME.

Of ALL TIME.

ALL

TIME

Back in your box? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Like I said, I actually became you for a week or two (minus the perverted practices of course) and instead of sticking to my steady brilliant predicting techniques, I let myself fall into the Saddlesore trap of overconfidence and bluster and let my ego take control of my obvious prediction skills.

And I’ve paid the price.

But, hey, there are still games left and there is always next season.

At least you won’t have to go back to Downfall to drown your sorrows this year (unless of course you truly screw it all up in the next couple of games - I can but hope).

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

See!??? (And he’s not even won it yet!) :joy:

2 Likes

Updated table after this weekend’s fixtures and the all important 2 p-p games at Exeter and Mansfield that were played on Tuesday night (some good points were scored in those 2 games which has brought some people into the picture for the title!).
Other than Forest Green’s implosion, just at the wrong time of the season, a lot of results went as expected so points weren’t too bad. The winning score was 4 points, achieved by 1933 and matt_saddlesore - well done to both of you!

With that weekly win, 1933 is now level with RedandWhite on 6 weekly victories - will one of them claim the win next week and claim the ‘other title’ in the prediction league?

There is one more week to go! Next Saturday will sort out who is the ultimate prediction master for the 2021-22 season. Some people have been at or near the top of the tree for most of the season, while others have made a late surge up the table and put themselves into contention! So, will we have a Forest Green type title win or an Exeter City style last minute steal?!!

Tune in next Saturday evening to find out - the thread is up and running now so get your thinking caps on! You can’t play safe now if you want to leapfrog predictors - waiting and copying results is not going to get anyone the title! It’s exciting and too close to call, the hairs on my neck are starting to stand up on end!!:yum::laughing:

1 Like

Blimey. Has there ever been a tighter finish? At least four in with a genuine chance. I’ve heard a rumour Jeff Stelling is covering it on Soccer Saturday with an As It Stands table.

Did you have anyone in particular in mind? Surely no one on here could be that shameless?

3 Likes

Well, I’m not one to blow my own trumpet but …

I’d like to congratulate, hang on,

Yes,

ME!

For my absolutely brilliant final last few weeks where I have over-achieved and absolutely EXCELLED, not only in climbing to the very summit of the table (give or take), but also DUMPING from a great height on one particularly annoying and gobby predictor. Among many others.

The postponed games could have been kinder, as without them I’d be absolutely fricking poised. :confused:

Even so, it’s good to be in the hunt on the final day. Who knows?!

One thing that can be guaranteed is how the final day will be approached with good grace, politeness and with absolute CLARSE …

@stig231 , @jonathan , @Harlequin , @Boldmeresaddler . You’re playing for all of us on Saturday.

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to @matt_saddlesore posting his humble congratulations to all 4 when they finish above him

2 Likes

May I suggest everyone DM their picks to JJ who can hold them in trust and then post a grand reveal…

I wouldn’t hold your breath!!:wink:

1 Like