Prediction League 2: 2021-22 Table

Excuse me you’ve forgotten to congratulate @matt_saddlesore

1 Like

:joy:. Yes he has done extremely well to be fair . A very good final third of the season to avoid embarrassment :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @JollyJohnny for organising the prediction league - no mean feat especially the past couple of seasons with all the postponed games.

Very close all season and if @stig231 hadn’t missed a round the outcome may have been different.

Looking forward to defending the title next season.

5 Likes

Well done

Thanks @JollyJohnny
Congratulations @jonathan
Am I relegated now

Only to the dustbin of history for this season!

1 Like

Congratulations @jonathan and thanks to @JollyJohnny. Not covered myself with glory (again)

Well Done @jonathan for the win, and on joining the multiple seasons winners club :clap::clap::clap:

Big thanks as ever to @JollyJohnny.

I wonder if @matt_saddlesore could post the list of winners by year on here.

1 Like

The first seven are …

1 Jeffs Mate
2 Atomic Rooster
3 Stig231 / Whitti Steve shared
4 Stig231
5 HK Saddler
6 Saigon
7 Welsh

And most recent in reverse order …

Exile
Belphegor
Saigon
JJ
JJ
Saigon
Old Penk
Saddla

17 seasons

2 Likes

Well done @jonathan and thanks to @JollyJohnny for keeping this lot in shape (the predictors not the table!)

I’m going to pretend this season never happened and claim (Pomlett-like) that I’m on the verge of greatness!!

3 Likes

Anyone but saddlesore for me.I don’t think I could bare having to lick him to get high I mean errrr the constant gloating :relaxed:

1 Like

I was just looking for the weekend picks, thinking I’d better have a look. It can’t be over yet? @matt_saddlesore hasnt won. Again.

4 Likes

Back to either winning the whole damn thing or a guaranteed podium place, with customary (legendary) late surge. :sunglasses:

Congrats on achieving your splendid 14th place! You must be absolutely thrilled! :partying_face:

Edit - same top three back in 2014/15 proving that class IS permanent. :sunglasses:

Edit - @Exile sorry not 14th but 10th, on both occasions! The symmetry is astonishing!

1 Like

I’m not sure a season that would have been won by Sheff if he hadn’t missed a few rounds is the best example of class.

Victors cannot legislate for the incompetence of those destined to fail.

Did Peter Gabriel have Matt in mind when he wrote this:

“I’ll be stretching my mouth to make those big words come right out”

“I show them round the house to my bed; I had it made like a mountain range with a snow white pillow for my big fat head”

" (Big time) My car’s getting bigger
(Big time) My house, getting bigger
(Big time) My eyes, getting bigger
(Big time) And my mouth
(Big time) My belly’s getting bigger
(Big time) And my bank account
(Big time) Look at my circumstance
(Big time) And the bulge in my big, big, big, big, big, big
Big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big …"

:laughing: :wink:

Lov yow my perverted friend.

Till next time!

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

The Beat were pretty prescient as well.

Can I take you to a restaurant that’s got glass tables?
You can watch yourself while you are eating.

2 Likes

Thune :+1:t2: