Prediction League 2: 2023-24 - Intro & Table

U do a great job doing this​:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I think we should delay extending your contract until half way through next season.

1 Like

I think @JollyJohnny is studying the Trump strategy from the last election to try to alter the result

Ha ha, am I really that transparent?!!:laughing::wink:

1 Like

TBH if you posted the table with you at the top, it would make me chuckle :smile:

Don’t give me ideas or tempt me!!!:yum:

1 Like

Well, here we are: the FINAL TABLE of this season’s Prediction League, and what a season it’s been!

It has been one of the closest in a few years, with so many predictors in with a chance of winning until so late into the weeks, and just in the past few weeks, one predictor pulled ahead and gave themselves what proved to be an unassailable lead going into the final round (if only Bradford hadn’t scored that injury time winner at Barrow last week, it could have been so different!!!:wink::laughing:)

The scoring has generally been very good across the season and, last season’s winning total would only have got you 12th place this year! The weekly wins have been evenly spread from top to bottom, with DonningtonSaddler achieving a superb 9 weekly wins (alongside 11 blobs!!:laughing:). But, a special mention has to go to HughBear for being the only predictor who didn’t achieve a weekly win!!:man_facepalming::wink: We’ve had two ‘perfect’ 6s from tinned and Harlequin, plus lots of 5 pointers that were just one goal away from joining them in achieving that holy grail!

But all this is waffle is holding us back from announcing this year’s Prediction League Champion so that accolade goes to…SHREWSBURY-SADDLER!! A massive well done to you!!:clap::clap:

Season Awards:

Champion: Shrewsbury-Saddler
2nd place (joint): JollyJohnny, matt_saddlesore
4th place: Burton-Saddler
Most Weekly wins: DonningtonSaddler (9)
Special award for no weekly wins (!): HughBear
Booby Prize (most zero scores): ButtsSaddler, Michal (12)

Well, that’s it for another season. Time to go and reflect on several things, including, maybe: how you had a great chance but threw it away at the end; how you were maybe too stubborn with your predictions and kept going with the same teams when maybe being more flexible or ambitious may have helped your cause; how conceding goals at the death cost you; how continually predicting Walsall games when you knew what was going to happen was ‘just not like you’, or that simply you bottled it!

Maybe you’re pleased with your performance this season, maybe you’re happy with some incremental progress you made compared to last year; maybe you know if you hadn’t forgotten on a few weeks then you would have stood a better chance; or maybe you expected better and the pressure is now on for next season to do better with the talent that you have! Either way, I hope you enjoyed it and we’ll see you again next year. Have a good summer, make some good signings, and come back fighting for 2024-25.

I’m off to see if I can find 115 charges I can throw at Shrewsbury-Saddler…!:wink:

11 Likes

Here’s a good place to start.

Anyroad, congrats to Shrews on a great win, and everyone who supports the comp. Mossive thanks to JJ for running it and keeping it fun.

1 Like

Coo! I’ve won something… slightly tarnished by laughing at my 11 blobs!

Thanks JJ for your sterling work.

Well done shrewsbury Sadler and thanks jolly Johnny you do an amazing job in providing us with this and never let us down :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Well done Shrews. Thanks to JJ for the hard work.

Any prize for myself and Northwich Saddler for the unenviable position of the lowest score for all predictors that predicted every week :hushed:

Top work JJ :+1:

Good job there’s no drop to the national level :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Great job JJ, kept us all interested throughout the season.

congrats to @Shrewsbury-Saddler for the win, and thanks to @JollyJohnny for running this

Think I can summarize my season in a very Walsall-esque manner - started slowly, had a bright run after Christmas but ultimately fell away quite feebly!!

Well done @Shrewsbury-Saddler, very impressive win in the end.Always good to see a winner that puts his predictions in pretty early for most to see rather than the last minute.

Poor title defence by me - must do better next season.

Many thanks to JJ as always for his sterling service to the league

Thanks JJ.

Maybe there should be two divisions…

No way! I’ve just dropped back to the second page.
Cheers JJ good effort as usual. :+1:

Thanks JJ for your sterling efforts in arranging the league.
Congratulations to Shrewsbury Saddler on the win.
Incremental progress for me this season, so I’ve extended my contract for another 12 months…

UTS

Well done to all. I just think i was consistent…consistently bad most of the time !!