Prediction League 2: 2023-24 - Intro & Table

It’s okay, i didn’t scroll through them myself either! It was easily and quickly found to answer the query - otherwise i would have done!

Thanks for that jolly

Updated table after the Monday and Tuesday games. Scoring was a bit hit and miss, mainly thanks to Crewe getting a thumping at home to FGR. But, the winning score was still an excellent 5 points, achieved by JoaquinErnesto - well done!

There was one p-p game at Mansfield so all the asterisks have been added to those predictors - let’s hope all this rain stops soon!:man_facepalming:

The thread for Saturday is up and running so get your predictions in. We then have a number of p-p games on Tues 9th, which will add a few points and change the table a bit.
Although there are quite a lot of games that night, with them being re-arrangements and p-p games, it doesn’t count as another game week.#

Oh yeah!
Only ten points to make up over the final 5 weekly rounds, for the top spot, c’mon!
:sunglasses:

Updated table after yesterday’s games. Some unexpected results scuppered a few (:man_facepalming:) but the winning score was still a decent 4 points, achieved by DonningtonSaddler, ButtsSaddler and Catkearns - well done to all of you! One secured their first weekly win, while another got their 9th!! A crazy prediction league as ever!

There are some p-p games being played in Tuesday night but I will leave adding any points from these games until I do the table after next weekend’s games. That thread is up and running now.

4 Likes

Crewe’s form has been better than mine in the last month :joy:

Updated table after yesterday’s games. A mixed bag of scoring, but the winning score was 4 points, achieved by Shrewsbury-Saddler, Belphegor, Harlequin and ProfessorPeach - well done to you all!

I have added the points scored from the two p-p games last Tuesday, which has helped a few people in the table.

There are 3 p-p games this coming Tuesday so I will add those on when updating the table next weekend.

1 Like

Updated table after this weekend’s games. Up and down scoring again, but the winning score was 4 points, achieved by matt_saddlesore, saddla, Shrewsbury-Saddler and RedandWhite - well done to you all!

I have also added on the points scored from the three p-p games that took place on Tuesday evening and for some, including our leader, it was a very beneficial evening! Shrewsbury-Saddler now has a very commanding lead - can anyone bridge that gap and ruin the title celebrations next weekend?!!

There are 2 p-p games this Tuesday again, and then we have the final prediction week of the season next Saturday, so make sure you get your predictions in by the kick off time and try to hang around afterwards to give the champion a round of applause as they do their lap of honour!!
There is quite a bit to play for in the ‘champions league’ places as numerous people can finish top 3 and claim their silver or bronze medal - all to play for still!!

1 Like

Only you. But there’s more chance of us getting a play off place

Congrats Shrewsbury. You can pop the cork now :smile:

The Fat Lady’s gargling, but she hasn’t started singing. I’m waiting till it’s mathematically certain, which it might be come Tuesday night.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: I suddenly realised that was case, only after I’d done the post and then read it back to myself!!:laughing:

Well, I need a 2 pointer on Tues evening and then a 6 pointer on Saturday, with Shrewsbury’s predictions mysteriously disappearing…!:wink:

2 Likes

Indeed
Ay gonna happen

Can I DM you my predictions , so you don’t see them before you make yours? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

DM them to me and I’ll pop a few quid on. Money for shit as my old granny used to say :smile:

My worst season since I started doing this not helping by missing a few games :cry::cry:

Let’s hope you can make some incremental progress next season and improve your position then!!:wink:

I am all for incremental progress :wink::wink:

Do we all have to give @Shrewsbury-Saddler a guard of honour as he makes his predictions for the last games?

Only if it’s so we can widdle on his shoes.

2 Likes

For those waiting nervously for the final table and details etc, it will hopefully be tomorrow evening. I have been out / away from home most of the weekend so not able to collate it all as i normally do by now!
Apologies for the shoddy workmanship!! :wink:

2 Likes