Prediction League 2018/19

Updated table after the final Easter games (Week 44). A lower scoring week that the first set of Easter games, with a couple of blobs, but the winning score was 4 points, achieved by itasaddler - well done!

1 Like

Penultimate table of the prediction league season after this weekend’s games.
Not great scoring overall, with lots of 1s, but there were some 3s and 4s, but the winning score was 5 points, achieved by chunkster - well done!

With only 1 week left, the winner is now official, but I will wait until after next weekend, and the final table to announce him (I have to muster the words to say without being sick first too!! :wink:)

4 Likes

Thanks @JollyJohnny if only i hadn’t missed a couple of weeks :wink: nice to see my old mate @RedandWhite off the bottom :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks mate , hope that was meant not a ■■■■ take :wink:

1 Like

Meant :wink:

Whoa!
hang on a minute.
I did post my predictions for this week and it seems they haven’t been counted!

It may not matter in the grand scheme of things but in the interests of completeness I claim to be equal to Manchester Saddler. (Now that in itself may have been an achievement)

My apologies if I have missed it in the calculations over the weekend - I will go back through the results and change what I need to!

He’s missed loads of mine ,too. My real score is 154.:wink:

1 Like

Same here, but I didn’t want to make a fuss…

I think in view of this catastrophic miscalculation, this years prediction league should be null and voided :rofl:

1 Like

And mine JJ. By my calculation I should ALWAYS be ahead of Saigon Saddler and all of his aliases.

:grinning:

Me also … what cads we are turning out to be , see learning already eh @Shrewsbury-Saddler ? …:wink:

cads and bounders, the lot of you!!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In 1954 the Vietnamese kicked the French out of their country in an act of defiance that shocked the world.

In a similar manner, with a fair helping of good fortune and blind luck, I have liberated victory from the clammy grasping hands of predatory imperialists. I therefore dedicate my latest success to the people of Vietnam, for inspiring people to face down insurmountable odds, never give up and to always do your best, and by doing so to achieve the impossible.

I don’t think the Vietnamese cheated so blatantly though did they?

4 Likes

Dunno, they once charged me 20,000 dong for a bit of fried doughnut.
It’s an absolute disgrace.

Miss saigon? Me either!

Did the Vietnamese wait for another colony to rebel and copy them later?

4 Likes

While it’s possible that the grand plan garnered some small germ of inspiration from India 1947 and China 1949, Vietnam’s liberation was completely unique and any similarities merely a bizarre quirk of coincidence.

:blush:

You’re (in)famous in Saigon, Matt. I saw a poster in Pasteur Street Brewing Company which looked very familiar.

“Have you seen this pervert?” were the words underneath.

Apparently you misinterpreted the name of the currency and instead of handing over cash you showed the barman something else.

:slight_smile:

1 Like