Promotion from National League

Re Wrexwood missing out on promotion - they also got beat in the FA Trophy final last week too (was funny watching the A-listers having to have the offside rule explained to them when they thought they’d got a late equaliser). Always the bridesmaids … :rofl:

Apart from them being local, I’d rather it be Grimsby than Solihull anyway for the same reason as I’m happy it won’t be Wrexham - to prove that you can’t always buy success in football. If it ever did come to be like that, we might as well just compare balance sheets at the start of the season and hand out the trophies based on that there and then, and forget about all that ball kicking stuff.

4 Likes

Which wireless station is on mate?

2-1 Solihull

3-1 now

3-1 now.

I honestly hope it’s not them, getting a bit sick of terrible grounds and tin pot clubs coming up.

4 Likes

It will put us under pressure. Can you imagine finishing 7th out of the West Midlands big 6!

Yep. Chesterfield got 575 tickets today…

Come on Grimsby!

1 Like

Having watched both semi-finals it is clear to me that Grimsby is the team to beat. They’re a good quality team & certainly wouldn’t look out of place in League 2.

Grimsby had a good start to the season and were the early frontrunners but then fell out of the playoff places only to put a late run together. Seem to have found their form at the right time. I’m pleased that it will be either Grimsby or Moors who will join us in League 2. Pleased that money bags Wrexham will have to wait a bit longer to get back in the league. I think chesterfied also splashed a bit of cash for that level. Money helps but it doesn’t guarantee success.

1 Like

I hope Grimsby win for the reasons others have given about gates and ownership .

1 Like

It’s embarrassing to think that there is a strong chance we could be playing in the same season as Solihull Moors next season.

They can’t be any more tin pot than us!

They would be favourites to beat us as well

1 Like

Can’t disagree with that they have some really good players the centre halves were excellent Dallas is a natural finisher and Sbarra is another who shone, they play some good stuff and all out from the back the keeper looks comfortable on the ball and so do the rest of them.They have had to build all of this though it doesn’t just happen so hopefully our manager can get us playing well but it will take time.

1 Like

I patched into radio Sheffield via the live page on bbc sport website. Then ended up watching second half at the in-laws

1 Like

Solihull’s attendance today 4,026

2 Likes

Solihull’s ground is a dump, it is hemmed in by JLR . However, there is talk of a CPO, so that may mean a purpose built ground elsewhere in the borough. 4,000 is much more than they could hope for as an average. They’ve done well with a mid table budget, Wrexham’s spend on transfers alone dwarfed their overall budget.

Is that a pinnacle for this season or do they regularly get near it? :thinking:

I go to a few Moors games with my Son, between 1800 and just over 2000 is the norm.

2 Likes