Promotion from National League

Possibly, I don’t profess to be an expert in Wrexham’s history lol. Probably cos I grew up in 70s that’s what I remember. I sure someone with too much time on their hands will look into it for us and clarify :grin:

Ive just done that…try european-football-statistics.co.uk.

I’ll take your word for it mate, I don’t take care that much :grin: But seriously will have a look​:+1:

1 Like

That’s actually a really interesting website mate, nice one! Don’t expect a detailed analysis tonight, I’ve had a few :grin:

1 Like

I’m hoping The Moors beat Chesterfield, looking forward to a trip down to the London stadium for the final.

1 Like

First time I went there in 74, I persuaded my mate to come (I was 13 him 14). He wasn’t that
interested in football at that time so I was working on him to become a Walsall fan. He had been to a couple of home games but this was his first away game.
He didn’t tell his mom that he was going and then got himself arrested as we were picking holes in the fence on the side terrace where the away fans were put. (I saw the the copper approaching and he didn’t).
I had to go and tell his mom when I got back and she went for me :joy:
He got fined 30 quid and that was his days of a Walsall supporter over with before it had begun.
0-0 draw to top it off.

2 Likes

My 400 quid energy rebate is already earmarked for a dabble :smile:

1 Like

Was Crosby working somewhere else or was he at Vale already when Clarke came in.

Ultimately I think it was just a case of right man, wrong time for him here and that happens with managers sometimes. Ultimately promotions from league 2 either side of his stint here which isn’t a great look for Pomlett.

1 Like

He was caretaker manager with Northern Ireland under 21’s so I believe mate before joining Vale last year not sure if Clarke chose him or not.

Love the Moors to come up and then we have a proper tasty local derby to loo forward to although from LPs point of view he won’t like the police bills and potential pitch invasions.

I have been appalled at the number of pitch invasions at Bescot in recent years, mainly by players masquerading as professional footballers.

9 Likes

Probably be lively down there due to the novelty of it and the tightness of the ground and lack of entrance/exits but can’t see there being much bother at Bescot…would they even sell out their end as imagine much of their crowd is made up of other midlands club fans so likes of Blues could be playing at same time.

Not sure about that, I’m sure they’d pack the away end. First season in the league plus loads of banned Blue noses now follow Solihull :wink:

1 Like

Solihull vs Chesterfield on BT sport if anyones bored like me.

1 Like

Chesterfield 1 up Quigley with the goal

1 Like

Just as I turned the radio on to listen to commentary, Chesterfield scored!:confounded:

Hope the Moors can pull it round and get the result today.

Nearly scored a 2nd there these playoffs have basically tipped the finishing positions on their heads so far.

1-1 Andrew Dallas

Have to say Solihull play some lovely stuff under Ardley and would have no trouble in the league above that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Saw the quality yesterday of Wrexham and Grimsby, we really would struggle to come back up if we ever suffered the drop :frowning:

3 Likes