Protest at Bolton

I would agree with that. Cov away is a good start, followed by Burton. Annoys me people popping up and asking what the goal is - there’s pages of goals and issues on this site alone and if there wasn’t we wouldn’t be hitting this point every few months.

One of these protests will stick though, Bonsers luck will run out! It’s clear the bloke doesnt like hassle which is why he does try to act. It’s up to us to be persistent and not fold when he does the bare minimum AGAIN.

2 Likes

I’ve posted this before and i’ll post it again; Coventry then Burton are the perfect places to protest.

Gives us time, gives us purpose, allows the stay aways to attend, means Bonse doesn’t profit and we can support the team too.

The only real protest is Bonser out.

2 Likes

Plus it gives them time to repond to Robs letter , one way or another …:+1:

2 Likes

You can just read his lips can’t you … you lot , ya nothing but a bunch of ■■■■■■■ lousy low life scrum …:rofl:

Thing is, only a retarded sloth does not know the answer to that question.

This absolutely hits the nail on the head. I 100% support the protest ideas, love the banner design…but most people will not understand why this is happening. I think you actually have to go to the ground and listen to the comments about the facilities and general running down of the club before you ‘get it’. One media angle that could work is to present a well written piece to the Guardian or WSC who both love a bit of ‘chairman pension fund, toilets falling apart’ stuff.

1 Like

Now… if only we had a fan, a podcaster, for example who writes for WSC? :thinking:

1 Like

Reading between the Lines…

1 Like

I agree too.

The problem we have is being able to concisely and clearly articulate our “beef”.

Our beef is multi-layered and in part complex. There’s a real estate deal that you probably need to go back more than 30 years to even begin start understanding. Then there are the more current cost, complexity, facilities, experience issues that mean despite that real estate story going back so far, we have lost hundreds of fans this year.

Getting that story told and understood is hard. The important thing is to not link it to any current on-field form issues. Unity undermined itself early on with a “ Hutch out” banner which whilst entirely accurate meant that the take from the club and media became focussed far more on the on field issues than they should have. It made us look like just another set of fans with ridiculously unrealistic expectations.

I like the proposed banner as a starting point because the “go support…” story is simple to tell and revealing in both the tone (our owner’s attitude) and how the world has moved around us with us not moving with it.

5 Likes

Or

“Who should we go and support now Jeff?”

5 Likes

Actually a great idea!

Good post. As a loyal fan for over 50 years, I realise the limitations of a club with our support base but it’s hard to not feel short-changed by the cr@p match day experience and the palpable lack of investment in either facilities or players. One man and his family have done very well out of our club - it’s time to put something back, Jeff.

2 Likes

I think a mass of Cypriot flags is the way to go.

It’s a bit weird and quirky and definitely something I can see the BBC and other national media picking up.

It will also allow the conversation to cut straight to the rent issue, as people will want to know what the significance of the Cypriot flag is.

I think just saying “Bonser out” etc will just get a response along the lines of “what are they moaning about, they are lucky to be where they are etc.”

4 Likes