Protest Saturday

■■■■ bags it is then…

You are right, the local press are all in their pocket, they arent going to support us

We have to make this visible

Will there be a main point of contact for who can organise this?

We badly need another Barry Blower.

1 Like

One of the most striking moments at the end of Fellows Park was in 1989 at a home game to Birmingham when we finally got Barnwell out. The Street End was virtually deserted whereas 3000 blues fans were penned into the Railway behind fences. That really did have a strong visual effect on the media. Unfortunately, I don’t think it would work nowadays as our stand often looks like that !

1 Like

Riding Shergar, with Lord Lucan doing the match announcements. Sounds a bit like a bad LSD trip!

1 Like

That’s a great post Simon.

The planets finally aligned this season. From outside it looks like Keates may have been backed more than some of his predecessors but he chose to spread what is still a comparatively meagre budget far too thinly which has effectively made the team “Whitney-lite”.

Is this the players fault? I’d say not on the whole. As you say, in the main they just aren’t talented enough. Take that and then kill their confidence and the results are virtually guaranteed to be as poor as they have been.

Their inexperience, lack of confidence and lack of ability means that what some could be accused of is lack of moral courage rather than effort. So rather than take a touch or look for a pass it gets launched vaguely in the direction of the opponents goal which is awful to watch.

What isn’t good to see is players with such limited ability who choose the easy way out in certain in-game scenarios, showing signs of arrogance. The ear-cupping, some SM stuff, the bewilderment when they get booed off, the stick they give their team mates is all fairly damning.

5 Likes

I thought Kelly Brooke was earmarked for the role. :frowning:

Yet more unsatisfactory cost-cutting by the club?

1 Like

So I have been thinking about this - I think I agree with the posters that we need something which shows the media that there is some sort of discontent amongst Walsall fans.

It is highly likely we are getting relegated on Saturday, so there will be a little national media attention from that. So why can’t we use it to:
a) throw tennis balls on to the pitch mid-game (effective as lots of clubs have done this when owners have mistreated finances/fans)
b) banners (are they still banned?)
c) chanting/backs turned/walkout etc.

I think a combination of the three can be used to bring some national audience to our clubs woes - we can use this as a starting point for the long plan to dislodge JB.

Do anything meaningful to you: we’ve just been relegated with little prospect of immediate return. The fault of one selfish individual.

The club is in chaos. We’ve been remarkably patient and civil. Make your feelings known Saddlers. :rage:

5 Likes

This is spot on. Needs to anger and shown in the way you want.

1 Like

Right let’s keep the momentum going.

What shall we do on Saturday ? I’ve been speaking to a few people and some good ideas all round.

How do we think about on 12 minutes (or some other number that means something) - the fans all turning their backs to the players and board ?

I’ve chosen 12 arbitrarily there as it’s been 12 years since our last relegation - and we are supposed to be the 12th man. Any other suggestions welcome.

Does that sound reasonable ? I’m thinking we need to do as much to maximise media coverage : photo opportunity as possible.

There’s lads behind the goal who will chant - I don’t even have to mention them - we all know who :slight_smile:

Any other ideas chaps? I don’t think it needs to be anything too extravagant. It needs to be a lot of ■■■■■■ off people telling this joke of a club we aren’t happy.

Anyone still got any flags or can make one?

1 Like

Turning our backs on the players/club/ regime is a simple yet symbolically strong act. Gets my vote

1 Like

Precisely! Will only work if the message gets out however! Will try my best to promote!

I also liked the idea proposed on Facebook of someone laying a wreath on the centre circle!

1 Like

Suggest sharing this as a separate thread, D. Then it can be linked to as a point of reference without having to sift through the messages above. Happy to share on UTS social channels.

2 Likes

Cool have done pal!

That Barry is a very lucky guy if that is correct Matt.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How about we all turn to at the next Rushall game with banners, flags, Bonser Out protest?
What better way to get attention than by increasing Rushall’s attendance from 500 to over 2000!!
At the same time, providing much needed funds to a local non league side

8 Likes

I really like this idea. Easy to organise, and a visible impact at both grounds.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with you bud, I said it yesterday and I’ll repeat, I’m waiting to see what Bonser does once the season ends. I’m not making predictions, I’ll respond accordingly to what he does. Like Bonser or hate him, he’s an intelligent guy and all eyes will be fixed on him. This is more than just employing a better quality first team manager. He needs to change his archaic strategy into a fit for purpose 21st century one, or leave.

Think Rushall may have finished their home games