Queues and more queues

Made me loff Jumbo👍

We’ve cut out the main problem at the club but some of the symptoms are left behind. Gamble and Mole need to go - this thread is all about their area of ‘expertise’ and its a joke…

1 Like

They only read the posts of the happy clappers :clap::clap::clap:,and to be honest,they are a dying breed these days…:grin:

1 Like

I have a sneaking suspicion that, in one case at least, they’re not just reading them.

1 Like

Install a few of these , problem solved .

1 Like

Maybe they should hire a (stating the bleeding obvious) consultant,or send the whole matchday staff on a three day motivational course, to somewhere glamorous like Bilston or Dingletown.

1 Like

This is what the music venues in Birmingham do (the Academy, Institute, and The Mill). Tuborg for the lager, some random cider or other, and Guinness are all they have on draft. Everything else comes out of the fridge. Each disgustingly overpriced (!!), but you’re not hanging about.

I walked into the concourse at 14:20 yesterday, and swiftly walked back out again when I saw the queue was past the door to get in.

1 Like

Why does this organisation continually miss golden opportunities. It is so, so frustrating.

LP has a massive opportunity here, its still just about hanging in there, to freshen this club from top to bottom. It’s a once in a lifetime chance as a Walsall fan - please, please get rid of the dead wood from the Bonser regime and get competent individuals in the roles that matter.

At the moment its starting to feel like nothing has really changed apart from the chairmans name and the odd appearance on social media. All the old failings are there and an interview in the press every now again is not going to change anything if the matchday experience stays its stagnant self with all the old problems of the last 15 years…

6 Likes

I got there early yesterday and thought about going straight inside the ground to get something to eat but thought against it because the food would be rubbish and the queues massive so I went to the McDonalds on the retail park and that was rammed with walsall and cambridge fans, just seems we are missing out on a load of fans spending money in the stadium there, put some entertainment on, decent food and beer and people will spend more time and money in the ground
The lack of pre match entertainment is ridiculous, what has happened to having a ex player etc in the bar before the game, is it cut backs?

Of the 4 bar staff on duty on the right hand bar, one appeared to not have had any previous bar experience at all and another couldn’t work the till or knew how to take half-time orders ( I think it was his first day). If it wasn’t for the barmaid who knew what she was doing and could correct the mistakes, no one would have got a drink at all… And they ran out of scratchings! Back to the Matty Fryatt hotel next week for me.

If we hadn’t had won yesterday this post would have been subjected to some heavy redaction from the swear filter.

On the positive side, I enjoyed the presence of the guide dogs. I hope they managed to get a decent collection. They deserve it.

2 Likes

been a topic so many times now and still remains the same no good the club wanting extra fans or putting on ticket offers if those fans are so ■■■■■■ off by the whole experience they never come back again.

A new bar manager that didn’t know how a bar worked?

Sums the club up really, doesn’t it? Another Clarke signing…

This is a club that switches off the heating for fans. They aint spending more than a fiver on equipment

Very true, but I reckon it would more than pay for itself with the extra custom.

So would turning the heating on, but unfortunately the club has an embedded culture of knowing the cost of everything and the value of nothing. If they’re too stupid to see the problems or the cash they’re missing out on, it’s their own fault.

Some people are beyond help.

1 Like

Not surprised really we have strikers that don’t know where the goal is :joy::wink:

The system they have is real easy Phil, I pre-pay for a drink at half time, I have a receipt, they have a receipt then they put on the back and when we are all watching 1 half, easy look at receipts on the back and pour them out ready, they’ve got 45 mins what’s hard about that

1 Like

I’d genuinely love to see their response to that :joy:

Yeah, the pre-order system usually works fairly well.
Someone clearly messed up yesterday.
Likely a new staff member who hadn’t been told properly how it works.

We can’t allow such trivialities as beer to disguise the issue here.

The club is completely unable to cope with 5,000 fans attending a game.
And they wonder why more people don’t come.
There were a number of fans from Aston Villa attending yesterday.
I couldn’t advise them any better.
I pity the Cambridge fans who came and walked into the mess.

The ticket collection system is an absolute joke.
100m queue across the car park at 2.00.
With Stuart Sinclair trying to drive his car through it for good measure.
This isn’t bloody Wembley, it’s the bottom of the league.
The HSE would have a pink fit if they saw these capers.

All they say when you get to the one window is ‘get here earlier’.
One hour before the game??
Perhaps I could get a drink then - oh hang on…

2 Likes