Radio WM whats the point {Radio dinges)

Franksy is a poundland Adrian Durham.

2 Likes

That made me laugh. Hard to believe such a thing can exist though. :grin:

Franksy has been at WM years and years, he was doing the sport AND the breakfast show in the late 90s when I started listening (just to hear if my school was off when snow hit as thatā€™s how you found out in those days :smile:). In radio speak he knows where the bodies are so job for life there.

There are regular callers, I can think of 3. Think one is called Steve who sounds a reasonable level headed type. A younger one who isnā€™t as articulate. Then you have Alan who Iā€™ll diplomatically say is in a league of his own!

How about Eddie the baggieā€¦Heā€™s got his own hotline I thinkā€¦:smile:

1 Like

A woman (Walsall fan) used to call Butler. In the autumn of 2000 she told him she was disappointed and thought Graydon could be doing better. Butler said ā€œblimey, you Saddlers are hard to please, youā€™re top of the leagueā€ and she said ā€œwellā€¦I still think we could be doing betterā€.

She was often funny, I always thought it was someone having a laugh, but she could have been for real.

1 Like

I donā€™t listen to it apart from after the match so havenā€™t heard him for ages. He used to phone up Tom Ross on BRMB on a Friday aswell.

I really donā€™t understand how WM can justify a football phone in five nights a week anyway. It used to be just on a Friday evening and then after the games on a Saturday/Sunday. Then Monday was added as a review which is fair enough and suddenly it was on every night.

Massive overkill when you think the teams on this patch are on the whole pretty s***. I donā€™t know how many phone ins BBC Liverpool or London have a week but they have better teams in their area, simple as that.

Radio Norfolk better than WM aswelll:

EE5DF3FD-EC3B-42BA-0DE83387DB20D79F

I think one of the funniest things I heard on WM was 10 or 12 years ago, I think the Albion fans were having a fall out, and Franksy read out a message saying summat like ā€œIā€™ve had a message here and Lee The Baggie wants it made clear he is in no way associated with Baggie Lee or his opinionsā€. :rofl:

Yeah there is a couple of sane sounding Walsall callers but they keep putting Alan on, I know heā€™s an old bloke but he spouts drivel. Im Sure they only put him to embarrass us

1 Like

Metaphorically, and literally, by the sounds of it.

Wouldnā€™t want to be in spraying distance of him.

1 Like

I stopped getting the Shropshire Star (sister paper) to E&S as they covered all the ā€˜bigā€™ West Midland clubs but not Walsall.

Phoned a few times myself. Franksy never really wants too know, and interrupts mentioning villa or summat

Dog ā– ā– ā– ā–  radio

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hell, first time listening to that. Sounds like two mates who have been asked to do it for a laugh to fill in for someone. Judah is an arse anyway, he takes nobody seriously apart from Wolves and thinks heā€™s hilarious when he couldnā€™t be further from being funny.

Hope this isnā€™t the start of Keen turning into Judah. Thereā€™s only so much of them being like that that Iā€™d be able to take, especially when weā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā–  and theyā€™re more focused on talking about how hungover they are.

2 Likes

This is like Regan being pulled off by Franksy.

I canā€™t knock WM. Franksy very kindly sent me a Walsall FC beanie to my home in America!

For some bizarre reason many years ago, long before the days of ifollow and when teletext was king, I used to be able to get Beacon radio (faintly and intermittently) on FM on a Saturday afternoon for goal flashes/reports. Not sure what happened to that radio station.

When our children were very small we used to pick up Radio Moscow on the baby alarm ā€¦ we always said it was reds under the bed!

1 Like

When I was a kid I picked up a random phone call from someone purporting from Beacon Radio. I was supposed to quote some catchphrase or something to win a prize. I didnā€™t have clue what to say. I donā€™t know if I was live on air and I had made a bit of a tit of myself or if it was a hoax.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s happened to Masi at the E&S?!

He got promoted to Baggies correspondent a few months ago.

1 Like

Nothing on Central News just either all the big boys and the Dingles Europa League draw that was it hope Espanyol knock them out the Dingles doing well is making my life a misery.

3 Likes

Actually this reminded me of a thread sometime last season when I think it may have been Geordie who said he went to Pebble Mill in the late 80s as he won young commentator of the year and he was mentored by Paul Franks then.

Reality is heā€™s been there donkey years and heā€™ll only be pensioned off.