Released and retained list announced

1h

“Just been to the club shop (recieved God awful customer service again)”

Apparently they have been trained up by Reenie and Vinnie,who work in the charity shop on The league of gentlemen…:grin:

2 Likes

A local shop for local people? What could possibly go wrong?

2 Likes

…Kits out of stock , shirts to large XXXXL …we’ll have no trouble here , this is a local shop for fat local people .
You just walk in here and touch the precious things , say the little plastic string bags are rubbish … lock the door Tubs

I believe WH Smith are discussing a staff training programme with Uncle Jeef.

2 Likes

“poor value for money” and he’s consulting with Uncle Jeff ?
The mind boggles.

I think Belph was taking the proverbial. But Uncle Jeef is an expert on value for money. Getting it, that is ,not giving it. His little investment in WFC all those years ago has returned many times over.

Has anyone got an update on Slinn, Vann, and Parker (and Kouhyar)?

Think Kouyhar is contracted but long term injured, Vann declined the offer to join pre-season training.

I was wondering if he signed a deal, or not, but I missed news he is injured. Probably not that important now. Still link.

As did Parker.

1 Like

Dan Vann was offered a paltry contract and is looking at offers in non-league football where he can earn more money.

1 Like

What a sorry state of affairs that players can earn more money in non league compared to playing for us , a team that is pushing all the stops out to return to the Championship …:roll_eyes:

1 Like

We pay ■■■■ all, but non-league players are often better off as they have day jobs too, unless it’s a fully pro team.

He hasn’t got a day job and would still be better off. Walsall talking about £250 per week, £13k pre tax per year.

Let’s be fair though he hasnt exactly made a break through in the first team so what wage should we really be giving him? 350-400 maximum for a kid who isn’t breaking through. If a non league player wants to give him more than that then crack on.

5 Likes

If it was Lionel Messi that we weren’t prepared to up our offer to then you might have a point, but we’re talking youth players that probably won’t even make our bench this season. Worth a punt as a squad member to farm out on loan and see if they develop, but why push the boat out if we’re not sure they will make the grade?

So they drop down a level for regular game time and a higher wage than we will pay them for cleaning first teamers boots and helping mow the pitch. That’s just the same story of Romaine Sawyers and Mantom being surplus at West Brom and they got a better deal dropping down to us.

2 Likes

And unlikely to make the breakthrough. I think he knows that and so he is looking for more playing time in a lower division…

1 Like

Good points , and no arguments with any you make , but in general we are renowed for losing players to (most) clubs paying higher, better wages

I’m not sure about Kouhyar’s fitness situation but the first 3 are simply not good enough. I watched Slinn and Parker on loan at Rushall and Vann at Chasetown.

1 Like

never understood the Parker signing he was good at youth level for Stratford that was about it never did much at first team level at Rushall which even that was a big step up from youth football.be lucky to get a club in the 7th tier.