Released Players/Free Agents

no mate i agree probably too much of a risk.

1 Like

Return to Gillingham. See Steve Evans there now so he’ll do his usual of signing 12 players in a summer, all on good wages.

No, I think he had one injury too much. Of course he can be fit, but the question would be for how long.

If the Bury team breaks up the classless 92 down’t road will have 5k a week on offer for the likes of Mayor and Maynard faster than Giggsy could get his sister-in-law’s knickers down.

8 Likes

Agreed, I’m not really in favour of instantly jumping on a club if they get into financial difficulties but Bury have done this time and time again. Just takes the ■■■■.

2 Likes

The fact none of them have been paid for 12 weeks is a joke, if it was a week or two id feel less angry. How they are allowed promotion is beyond me. There is no precedent i guess, but maybe the rules should be changed. If it were the other way around, the National League would tell Bury to ■■■■ off.

Great in a way if you play for Bury though, your hot property at this level and you can pick your move.

1 Like

Adam Crookes, left back or left sided centre-back has offers from two league two clubs, one of which is Port Vale, and interest from another. Released by Forest after spending last season on loan in league two with Lincoln and then Vale.

Andy Butler Doncaster departure all but confirmed. Looks like he has a multi-year offer from somewhere. Be interesting to see where that is. Bradford maybe?

Andy Butler: Defender set to leave Doncaster Rovers after rejecting contract Andy Butler: Defender joins Scunthorpe United after rejecting contract with Doncaster - BBC Sport

Scunthorpe, apparently.

I always thought he was a decent bloke! :rofl:

4 Likes

Wondered about them, didn’t realise the Iron were that close to Donny/Yorkshire, great signing for them, or anyone else in L2 for that matter.

I’d forgotten he’d started his career there, 130+ appearances for Scunny.

He’s been a diamond everywhere, an apt place for him to finish at then. A proper career, modern pros could learn a lot from being a little more like AB.

4 Likes

Absolutely, great professional.

Chris dunn signs for maidenhead united. All the best CD

1 Like

Pleased for him but it does show his level!

Depends, fairly sure he could get another L2 or national league team easily as back up but maybe those few games at end of season have given him a taster of being a number one again.

Don’t know where he’s from or where his family are based but that could also play a part in moves you make towards end of your career as we saw with a certain defender last season.

Glad he’s going another club, thought he could have attracted a League Two club but maybe he’s gone there for guaranteed first team football and locality.

I speak to a Maidenhead fan from one of our other branches at work quite regularly so will be putting a good word in about him!

Charlton’s list is out.

Mark Marshall amongst those released. 32 now, but has consistently torn holes into us for Port Vale, Bradford & Charlton. Wonder if we’ll be one of the clubs contesting his signature this time around.

Ajose also released, though not sure how well he did on loan at Mansfield (I think).

P.S. I bet that Aribo is a sweetie :wink:

Charlton Athletic offer Patrick Bauer and Joe Aribo new contracts Charlton Athletic offer Patrick Bauer and Joe Aribo new contracts - BBC Sport

2 Likes

Agree on Marshall: in a similar mould to the likes of Jamie Lawrence and particularly Kevin Harper. Even Paul Hall. All would be perfect for a big man up front like Benjamin, Rammell, Goodman and Cook, in terms of past and present. I also like Kyle Bennett at Bristol Rovers but I fear that wages could be a problem with him.

1 Like