Released Players/Transfer Rumours Thread

Ha ha, just thinking exactly the same thing! I wonder if he is still any good!!

Was Player X Lee Frecklington? Remember we were linked with him for ages

Frecklington has played just 58 minutes of football this season and that was in the EFL Trophy.

Been on the bench just once in the league.

Could still do a job at this level.

1 Like

Shhhh, that’s classified information!!

Oh, lordy… amidst all the uncertainty, I’d completely forgotten about “I know something you don’t know” silly season. It’s imminent, isn’t it?

4 Likes

I’d guess Frecklington will want to stay local in cabbage country. His agent will probably try and sort him a move to Scunthorpe,Mansfield or Grimsby.

2 Likes

Gonna be interesting looking at photos of pre-season training: Who’s the mystery man behind the mask? Can we identify players by their eyes only?

2 Likes

That’ll be Bonser.

3 Likes

He’s gone for the ■■■■ Turpin mask.

2 Likes

You can’ t say ■■■■ but you can say Fanny.

1 Like

I said both and got some funny looks, mind you I am in the dairy aisle at Morrisons.

3 Likes

Walsall looking at Luke Leahey? Surely not.

DC signed this lad for the Gasheads before he left so will he have another look at him now? https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/on-next-chapter–bristol-4181776.amp

I’d like to be the first to mention that we are now in June and still haven’t signed anyone. I suppose we will be waiting for the scrapings after the bottom of the barrel as usual :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Typical Walsall. Always looking to save a few pennies in wages.

3 Likes

We haven’t released anyone either! :wink: Do we know when we will announce the retained/ released list?

1 Like

Typical Walsall. Always keeping the dregs on the books too long.

3 Likes

On a serious note…It will be a really difficult job working out who to keep and who to release,there are players like Adebayo who would have been in real danger of being released if the season had ended 3 or 4 weeks earlier.There’s always the wages cap for next season too,I do think certain clubs (like the Burys of this world) will be very “creative” with the wages cap,and clubs that aren’t (probably us) will tend to lose out on signings.

He wasn’t a bad player but he needed to improve his defending - his positional play was poor which led to him diving in and conceding a number of penalties.

Tbh mate I was one of the ones who liked him. Was just a wing back not a full back.

1 Like