1 Like

Navigates

Reminds me of a great Stewart Francis one liner:

“Ladies, I wasn’t sercombe cized, I was sercombe navigated!!” :joy:

2 Likes

Quick-I-Have-Another-Client-Waiting?

Oh dear…

Sercombe would be a brilliant signing.

Clarke signed Holmes-Dennis at Bristol Rovers and with Pring going back, I wouldnt be surprised if he wasn’t an option.

3 Likes

Would take Liam Sercombe - just the type we need in midfield, chips in with goals, energetic, not the tallest but more of a physical presence than what we do have already

1 Like

Plymouth, Exeter and Mansfield seem to be the ones in the running atm to sign him

Can see him at Plymouth tbf considering he’s spent most of his career in the south west

Or even Neddie Seagoon…. :grin:

Could play him alongside the South Korean prospect Ying Tong Iddle I Po.

3 Likes

Tricky fixtures in December/festive period as he’d be walking backwards for Christmas.

3 Likes

He’d have to be careful he didn’t ‘fall in the water’…:grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah Exeter will probably be favourites if they go up as he did well in his first spell there.

Mansfield will probably sign him on 5k a week and then loan him out to Tranmere in January when they’re 18th in league two again.

Just a thought on potential offers for some of our contracted players from other clubs. Would you trust them at the moment due to the lack of finance? I’m not convinced a lot of clubs could honour the transfer fee if there is one, even with fees been paid in instalments.

I think back to how FGR were done over by Bolton when they sold their striker for £1million, can’t think of his name just now.

1 Like

Fair point @derbysaddler. The player was Christian Doidge and rumour had it that Whitney tried to sign him for Walsall after we cut a cut price fee from Barnsley for Bradshaw. Instead we ended up with Andreas Makris (and the rest is history!)

I would like to think that the PFA will have to step up and show a little more initiative to look after the clubs as well as the players because without teams, players don’t have a salary in the first place!

1 Like

Personally I would love us to hold out and not sell any players that are now showing promise and push for promotion.

If we are in a good place after all this is over and with our new Chairman maybe we could break our usual trend and show a little more ambition and keep the players that are doing the business

I think we should only sell any players if we hold out for a good price and get the money upfront so we can reinvest it in squad strengthening. If we are to be serious about mounting a challenge we need to keep as much of this team together as possible and I think Clarke and Pomlett will be both on board that keeping squad continuity from this season will let us hit the ground running at the start of next season.

1 Like

Is this what everyone means by the “new normal” I keep hearing about? :rofl:

As the anniversary of his signing has been noted on the club’s Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/i/status/1273224430550999042) how would people feel if we could get the Turkish Messi back?

His move to Bolton didn’t work out, and doesn’t look like his next move to Charlton is going how he would hope (https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/not-at-championship-level-many-charlton-athletic-fans-saying-similar-things-about-28-year-old/) so could we tempt him back to the Banks’s??