Renewing season ticket

Like you say, it’s basic stuff Thanny, you see that kind of thing at events and sports gatherings up and down the country every single weekend. As Walsall fans, we have visited grounds and seen it first hand.

I think my background in events management is why I am so harsh on them. I know that if I had treated my customers like Walsall have done over the years, I wouldn’t have any customers left. I demand to receive a level of service and respect - in line with what I always provided to all my clients.

Imo Bonser, with his two cronies, had a system in place solely targeted at rinsing our real loyal fanbase from 2009 onwards, while doing next to nothing with the Walsall FC side of the business; their attention rested solely on filling The Bonser Suite. We were being mugged off and I will never forgive any of them.

6 Likes

Remember the Bristol Rovers game at home in 18/19 season? That was the nadir of everything wrong with our approach to the match day experience. I had a few friends who support different clubs come along that day and they still talk about the multiple calamities they experienced.

Has much really changed since then?

4 Likes

Spot on.

Like you say, it’s nothing actually super revolutionary- but it would be for our fan base.

The experience at the games is appalling.

Do something different.

1 Like

Agree with that but there is another reason I continue my support.Walsall as a town doesn’t have a lot going for it. The football club as one of the largest private employers keeps Walsall on the map. If we lost our League status or worst still lost the Club altogether Walsall would be poorer for it so I see my contribution towards the club as having some community benefit too. The current Conservative led Council or at least its Leader don’t see it like that which is a shame in my view. Walsall without its football club would be a poorer place so I fervently hope that LP can steer us to calmer waters and get us moving in the right direction -UPWARDS!!

2 Likes

We could literally wrap around outside the ground from the Floors to go all the way round To the family stand (it’s dead space) - have a stage in the corner - bars and food up and down.

Invite different pop-up food places to rent a place - bingo.

3 Likes

That would be brilliant , yet way to much bother for them!

1 Like

This is the crux of the issue, its effort, not expense. People seem to be under a large miscomprehension that this will somehow cost the club a large sum of money to stage

It doesn’t cost an awful lot to set up and vendors (street food is so popular atm) if offered 3k customers, will pay a premium for a spot.

The problem is, they don’t give a ■■■■ and haven’t for years. I have zero faith in those pair setting it up anyway. Bring in the promoter from Digbeth Dining Club, they did one at Molinuex which had thousands of visitors. Its all doable chaps.

2 Likes

Problem is I just get the sense that this board aren’t interested in anything that our normal working class fans would enjoy on a match day. They’re more interested in having a nice shiny suite to impress the FA with and hold the odd meeting there.

Or they just don’t get what the normal working class fan wants and enjoys.

3 Likes

It’s not hard though is it ?

It’s literally having a few pump stations for beer outside, a bit of a stage, some spaces for some pop up places for food. Done.

Nothing epitomises that approach for me more than the urgency with which fans were ushered from the Bonser Suite post-match to make way for the next tranche of cash-cows to be accommodated, be it a wedding-party, pre-christmas meal or boxing match.

2 Likes

| will be renewing mine x2 it is in the blood like a drug have said before would still renew in non league
idiotic stupid yes but have seen good times and bad since first game in 1959 too old to change now.

Here is another novel idea, invest some money in the football team to bring some success :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

Na i just think we are a mild hinderance :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps you would be a good person for Walsall to employ to improve things. I hope they read these comments.

Northampton away had an outdoor beer thing the day we had got rid of bonser did you go to that thanny?.It was just a sectioned off area with a little bar made all the difference to me that day I really enjoyed it.Why don’t we do that kind of stuff.

1 Like

Could someone send these comments to Mr Pomlett as there are some good ideas?

1 Like

I will be renewing, no question about it :+1:

Its a really interesting read and some intriguing ideas being suggested. I think if you have an open mind there must be some value in exploring further. No doubt, there may be challenges to overcome and hoops to jump through with things such as licences, disturbing the neighbours, policing etc. ( not my area of expertise). However, there must be a wealth of experience in our fan base (on this board alone it seems) that can present a business case to the club. Isn’t that what the working party meetings are for, to help the club improve the match day experience for it’s paying customers?

I am a fan of the club, they would not let me anywhere near the operations side of the business, because they know how risky it would be. They like people like the totally redundant fan liaison officer, that represents no risk at all. The ‘closed door’ policy to all supporters is something else that stinks.

Shame, I would operate driven with a passion for the football club and its loyal customers; something that hasn’t been the case for a very long time. But my loyalty would be with those fans, not with the 2 blokes responsible for rinsing them.

Shame I have links to all those street vendors at DDC - but, like I say, it’s that business model that is massively trending and we won’t capitalise, because we don’t know how to.

1 Like

Criminal that the club can’t be arsed to do up the supporters club

4 Likes