Renewing season ticket

Especially now that we’ve lost the George. It makes perfect sense to me, but then we don’t have a pot to ■■■■ in, I’ll get onto DIY SOS.

3 Likes

I might invest in a mobile beer van for when the season starts :joy:

Should put the enquiry in and see if they get back to you

You’ve got one customer right here mate!

1 Like

Customer? you will be one of lookouts like Rodney and grandad in only fools, in case the fuzz want to check on my non existent trading licence :joy: :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: I can do lookout mate no problem at all, I’ll look really inconspicuous with this balaclava on :wink:

1 Like

They don’t wanna spend the dough fair enough, so knock it down.

Buy a gazebo. Put barrels of beer in it.

1 Like

I remember the last time i was a lookout, it was at school my classmates were nicking booze from another schoolmates house, they knew where they kept the back door key.
We got away with a bottle of drambuie and some wernicks Advocaat and got caught :joy:

1 Like

Saddlersclub decline - absolutely criminal.

A senseless loss that has surely benefitted nobody.

I would probably still get one but begrudgingly

1 Like

That’s such a shame.

Hope :partying_face::partying_face::beer::beer::beer:

1 Like

I probably would renew but it would purely be to see the mates I stand with. What the club offers on a match day is almost a complete irrelevance and would be a habit based social thing.

If I didn’t go I’d not care much though. Interest wanes more and more as time goes on.

There have been excellent ideas mentioned to improve things and as said, they’re not even that hard to implement if anyone actually cared to do it.

4 Likes

I think Mr Pomlett has some very hard decisions to make as I think there won’t be many there next season if we are allowed in.

I think the club are in for a bit of a shock with season ticket sales from what I’m hearing from some who’ve had them for years and year’s they’ve had enough and won’t renew until something change’s not my words just repeating what a lot have told me.I go to as many home games as possible but due to other commitments I can’t have a season ticket have been a season ticket holder for many years in the past I’ll still try and get as many games in as I can when its allowed but God knows what the reaction to this seasons tripe would be with fans there and I really can’t see it improving.

My love and support for the club is absolute and unconditional - I give all and expect nothing in return. I don’t follow them for glory, I don’t expect success, I don’t even expect them to care about me. Walsall FC has been a constant throughout my life for as long as I can remember - it’s provided me with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I’ve laughed, cried, been overjoyed and been despairing - often in the same match! It’s something my Father shared with me, and I in turn passed on to my Son, and it’s been a connection we’ve had through thick and thin even when we’ve not been seeing eye to eye.

I will support them whatever, come what may. It’s what being a Walsall supporter is all about.

6 Likes

Sure as ■■■■ stinks it benefitted The Railway.

I’m right on the fence in terms of renewing.

Which from somebody who always thought he’d rock up to watch eleven Walsall shirts drying on a washing line is quite a big thing.

10 Likes

I’ll be back at games as and when.

I’ve missed it although given the general fare on offer this season would’ve been very few entertaining games to enjoy bar that purple patch of form over xmas that thankfully will more than likely keep the club in the football league.

Just me that finds league 2 incredibly boring compared to what was on offer in league ?. Sad it looks like this is going to be the club’s longest spell in this tier for decades and will make things much harder to establish itself once more in league 1 if/when it gets back up there.

Anyway don’t think I’ve ever owned a season ticket for various reasons but I’d be holding off generally until the club can guarentee more on what the matchday experience entails from August. If it’s going to be masks, having to be in your seat an hour before kick off (and then taking ages to get out after the game as happened in the pilots) then I won’t be rushing back for the first one in August. Remaining banned from away games would also be disappointing as I generally look forward to them more than the majority of home fixtures.

It’s clear there isn’t going to be some grand selection of signings. Just hope the club appoints a reasonable competant manager with some sort of plan and they use their contacts to get in better experienced signings than Clarke and also use the loan market better. Loads of other managers at this level have done that this season, it really isn’t that hard.

1 Like

Hold my hands up and say I haven’t purchased a season ticket for many years, I lost the faith to a certain degree at least 10 yrs ago . It’s the realisation that the club has zero ambition, treats it fans with contempt, awful same old tired match day experience, no forward planning or thinking, awful signings both in managers and players, begging around clubs for loanees or journeymen, sitting in a decaying biscuit tin with ■■■■ flowing on bog floors, endless queues for drink and food that runs out as it’s your turn to be served, expecting defeat before we’ve kicked off and wait for it most of all I ain’t contributing to Bonsers annual cheque. If and when things change perhaps my mindset will, having said all this I still do attend the occasional game.

6 Likes