Retained/Released

Surely Sadler has had the final say in this just because there is no one else around to do it - the Walsall way.
Judging by the look on his face and the comments his Dad made to some people after the end of the Donny match I think L K was more than aware of what was likely happening. I’m sure others would have had an inkling too.

1 Like

Well sadler certainly means business. We’ll see how it all works out. I’m a little perturbed that we finally put together a really strong line up of 3 centre backs, who had an excellent record together last season, and now we’re losing 2 of them. But, hey, maybe sadler wants to play a different formation and knows who he wants there instead and the better qualities they will bring.

I wish Liam Kinsella all the very best and thanks for all those 100% performances. I think his limitations though have held us back. I thought Maddox had some good attributes but he never seemed to be able to maintain his performance levels to stay the 90 minutes or manage more than two games in a row. I think we have a good squad that with the right additions could do a lot better next year. Lets move onto recruitment, no time for any more reflection

1 Like

:joy: every year the releases list this gets said. Same with Clarke, Fullerton and Flynn.

Shouldn’t have had anything to do with it should he? Not sure why he’s getting any credit. It’s all down to the fabled “system” …

Probably because one of them wasn’t really strong and the other wasn’t interested

1 Like

Flynn would have had input at some stage and would imagine his opinions would still have informed decisions to some degree. So not sure Flynn fancies Kinsella for Swindon. He did drop him alot and subbed him at Crewe for the more attacking Labadie! He must have meant attacking in the physical assault sense.

Or you don’t have to be much kop to look good in a piss poor side.Three of his ten were penalties according to what I’ve just looked at but granted double figures isn’t to be sniffed at I guess.I just wasn’t overly impressed apart from the 3-3 against Newport and he scored an OG in that.

1 Like

It’s hard to say with Wilkinson as the progress of his career with us was effectively ended by his injury. If the injury hadn’t happened and his contributions were as in and out as I remember them being in some parts of his time with us then I wouldn’t have been desperate for him to stay.

“Mat Sadler will be backed this summer as we implement our new recruitment processes, as we will be bringing in new players and also looking at contract extensions for some of our current squad, to continue to build on this foundation for 23/24 and beyond."

Boycott certainly setting his stall out. Proof will be in the pudding of course, but at least he is putting out positive vibes.

5 Likes

Finally.

Good luck to Kinsella. Great servant. Great desire. Not so great at actually passing a ball.

The rest of them I couldn’t give a shit about.

1 Like

The head coach is part of the system just not the whole of it.

1 Like

… what? Yes you absolutely do.

To boil his spell down to one game is ridiculous. When he got injured people talked about it being devastating. He was literally singled out by Boycott last summer, and no it’s not to be “sniffed” at when they’re not even from striker, pens or not (didn’t realise they don’t count).

It was tongue in cheek, just find it interesting which posters are singling out Sadler in particular after spending 24 hours talking about how it’s a bigger picture.

2 Likes

Agree with pretty much all apart from staying in talks with Taylor Allen.

The reasoning for letting Kinsella go is weak though. Just say what you think about him as a player don’t beat around the bush making out we’re doing him a favour.

A naive start for Sadler.

Happy happy happy. :grinning: :smiley: :smile:

2 Likes

Wish Kinsella all the best, he has been a fantastic servant to the club but I feel it was time to move on for both parties.

Your going to regret saying that :smiley::wink:

2 Likes

I’m sad about Kinsella as he gave his all. Also Maddox I liked. Wilkinson will probably go elsewhere and come back to score against us. Glad to see the back of Labadie, at least we should have less bookings.

1 Like

Maybe we got mixed up but what I’m saying is if the players in your team are absolutely crap so for example they all had one leg you wouldn’t have to look special to run around them if you had two legs.

Add Hayden White into the mix whilst youre talking about bookings. We probably wont get a yellow all season now :joy:

1 Like

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king :crazy_face:

1 Like