Retained/Released

He’ll get there in one touch of a ball :smile:

It’s the right time, but a fantastic servant.

2 Likes

Swindon’s?

I wonder if Flynn will be back here with his shopping trolley! No Comsella for him though.

Hard to add something, lists look ok. Only a sad moment, Perry didn’t make it. But ok, people call it real life. Now time for some structural works at the transfer market.

1 Like

I’d probably have given Maddox another year but apart from that I agree with the released list.

3 Likes

In charge or having input?

Who do you think decided on the released list?

Never in all my time have I ever seen someone get no credit for anything good and all the blame when it’s not as Mat Sadler and he’s been in the job days :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Best of luck to Kinsella. A great servant to the club, and least he was one who tried through the last few years.

Ultimately, he’s not good enough to play in a confident attacking oriented team, and I hope this blank slate in the midfield gives us time to do a massive reset and get in players who can play.

9 years good service, and everyone loves his commitment, but a good time for both to move on I think.

Thank you Liam.

9 Likes

I wonder if Wilkinson would have been worth a deal on reduced terms. It was crazy to think he’d come back at the same level he was pre injury straight away, but he seemed to be rounding into form towards the back end of last season.

Maybe we did and he didn’t take it who knows. Hope that doesn’t bite us.

If you wait long enough everything bites…

He’ll go and find a decent club and do well, he has talent. But I don’t think the chemistry was right for him here.

Me too. It takes time to get over a serious injury.

1 Like

I cannot argue too much with that list. I would have kept Maddox and I am pleased Foulkes has been offered a deal. Good to see the club looking after Earing too until hopefully he recovers.
The other thing which pleases me is that some of those contracted are being offered extensions. I presume this is about Evans and Daniels principally and might include Riley too.

1 Like

Thank you for your service, Liam. Always gave his all in a Walsall shirt. For that, I will always be grateful.

Good luck for the future, Liam.

1 Like

Yeah looked like the old player towards the end of the season that only last summer Ben Boycott himself said in forum “sometimes it feels like if Conor doesn’t score, we don’t score and that needs to change especially with his injury”.

I agree with him. That’s a risky one.

I think with the talent he thinks he has, he must feel like he’s worth more than a new contract on reduced terms.

For the money he is on, we can go and get one, maybe two more than adequate replacements.

2 Likes

What he said 100%

I think that’s very wishful thinking and based on rumoured amounts that seemed to come from some random on Twitter.

Difference making players cost money and he certainly was that pre injury.

But like I say, to give the club the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just wasn’t interested or we weren’t interested in his demands :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Is it just me or am I the only one who didn’t think Wilkinson was all that before his injury? He scored 17 in 68 at Orient but apart from that he hasn’t done much anywhere.

4 Likes

Always felt Wilkinson was a bit like Oztumer, extremely talented but you need to get him in his best position and then fit the formation around him. We’ve struggled to do that for CW.

2 Likes

You have to be very good to look decent in a piss poor team. Double figure goals, mostly playing out wide, in that walsall team was a hell of an achievement it was dog shit.

Perfect list IMO minus I would’ve definitely offered Maddox a new contract - looked tidy and looked to go forward when we’ve seen him.

Monthe - clear that he was off but a shame think he can be a top 7 defender at this level no problem

Allen is also a weird one don’t even as back up I think we can do better

Wonder how many of the released will follow Flynn to Swin