Richard O’Kelly appointed

Joins the club as an associate director

Very good appointment

16 Likes
9 Likes

Sounds suspiciously like a Director of Football from the announcement. Interesting stuff for those denying he had any impact at the end of last season …

8 Likes

Looks like i was right again.:wink:

28 Likes

In this role, Richard will have a direct line of communication with technical staff to advise on football matters.

It doesn’t go into great detail but yeah that is what I thought too. I doubt O’Kelly would have bothered if he wasn’t being given some room to make a difference.

A good appointment. A lot of experience and know-how. Someone who doesn’t crave the limelight, just gets on quietly with his work.

8 Likes

I’m way more optimistic about this than I was about Fullarton to be fair. I’m indifferent on the Director of Football position, it works on about the same percentage level as a manager does, but we failed to do our back ground research on Fullarton. It was yet another piss poor Pomlett appointment.

We know O’Kelly’s background. We know he has been part of successful Walsall coaching staff in the past (under much more challenging owner conditions than we face today). I think it’s a fantastic appointment by the club. It may or may not work, but it has basis at least.

25 Likes

Very interesting. Probably he will ease some burden on the head coach’s head and allow him to concentrate on matters, where he feels very ok.

1 Like

Richard O’Kelly loves joining Walsall. What’s this - the fifth or sixth time? Twice as a player, two or three or maybe more as assistant manager / coach / advisor and now as a director. The man can’t stay away, and good job too.

5 Likes

You always are westie :grinning:. Completely Saddled thinks he knows more but generally tends to get it completely wrong

4 Likes

Great appointment. Now we don’t have to credit Sadler with anything if anything goes well…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Joking apart this is another fine piece of work by Trivela and another positive step as a club

17 Likes

Lets face it most of us in the know knew already that Richard was hand holding Sadler and largely responsible for the up turn in results

2 Likes

Really important appointment, especially going into the summer.

Welcome back Richard, can now get the credit for what he does and has done
Fab move

2 Likes

Well pleased :smiley:

It’s not a director of football appointment, so it’s not a salary. It just makes official what he has been doing all the time since Sadler got the the job . His initial endorsement of Sadler to Trivela helped Sadler get the manager’s job in the first place. He will just carry on but on a more official capacity. Either way its a very good appointment.

12 Likes

That looks a lot better if someone else say’s it @WestieJack :joy:

5 Likes

I didn’t know his middle name was FLORENCE? :flushed:

Great news. O’Kelly will be a major asset and also sets the tone for how the club will be structured longer term.
Trivela doing what they said that they would do.

7 Likes
11 Likes

This a very positive appointment! Welcome back ROK

3 Likes