Richard O’Kelly appointed

I was under the impression that Matt Jordan was going to play are more prominent role, but it hasn’t happened. Perhaps Trivela realised it couldn’t be done long distance and you needed someone with relevant and ‘local’ experience.

Seem to be a wise appointment. Another part of the foundations put in place, which can only be good I would have thought.

2 Likes

Not sure you are right in that assumption. At the meet the Manager evening MS was very appreciative of his role. I think that will continue but Richard will add vital knowledge of the English game and whose judgement to trust.

1 Like

Also with Jordan now overseeing 2 clubs and probably more in the future Walsall needed an extra body in that department.

Not sure about that. It may be wrong but I heard that ROK left Villa because he was being kept on but sidelined and Dean didn’t 100% support him. As I say this may be far from the reality as it came via a family Villa fan.

He’s going to be, but I’d think this is a clear acceptance/acknowledgment that some relevant experienced knowledge is required.

2 Likes