Richard O’Kelly

Please enlighten us then on what they can actually do.

1 Like

Pomlett is going to fill in at the problematic right back position tomorrow. Mole’s taking the pre-game warm up, and Gamble has charge of the trainer’s bucket and magic sponge.

Silly me of course , but only after they’ve cooked the sausage rolls to perfection, and reduced the price of beer in the ground to pre decimal levels .

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don’t forget Terry!

Positive news.

Hopefully this is a pre-empt of a future upstairs. Could genuinely mentor Trivela on the professional game in England having been involved virtually right through the pyramid over his career. More importantly he can hire the right football people and develop a football strategy right through the place.

17 Likes

There was a rumour that he was pushed out at Villa by one of the senior players and given an inferior job so he walked

1 Like

Chips!

Grealish.

My understanding too powers to be at villa downgraded his first team coach job and Deano didn’t have a choice about it . didn’t stand by Richard so he walked .

4 Likes

Credit to the club for this one. Still not lumping on though.

If you were a manager on top bucks would you walk if they forced your 2nd in command who you highly respected and value to leave if it meant you losing you high paid job
I’d like to think I’d take a stand but I’m not in a position to make sure a decision

1 Like

Bit of a strange one.

He’s come out of retirement for effectively 3 games?

Can only think if he’s going to be part of things next season that hints at a younger Taylor type coach being appointed so that would make more sense.

Odd this couldn’t wait until the summer.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I heard at the time. He was offered a job coaching Villa under 23s but when you’ve been assistant for premier league club for a few years that is obvious downgrade. It was also said at the time he was retiring but clearly not.

I thought he didn’t go with DS to Norwich due to location and his age but yes you could be right he probably felt slighted by that summer as DS is always loyal to those who’ve served under him before (as shown by Whitney working for Villa academy while he was there).

If ROK is staying on i would not mind a younger manager with him there.

1 Like

Heard similar.

ROKs involvement would certainly have increased the chances of my renewing a few weeks ago. Too late

Totally agree with you. If Flynn had been hooked 10 games ago and ROK brought in alongside Sadler I would have renewed our 5 season tickets.
If he’s going to be around for next season and they reopen the early bird I would probably reconsider.

1 Like

He was told to take charge of the youth team, and he thought that he was better than that so resigned
Sorry just read others have posted the same

1 Like

You’ve already got one