Richard O’Kelly

Some people are really easily pleased. This does not excuse the last 8 years. Those on the board still need to be held accountable for that.
Good appointment yes. But it’s 3 games at the end of a horrible season.

6 Likes

Got a lot of time for ROK, hope he enjoys these last few games enough to perhaps stick around a bit longer…

1 Like

If made permanent, ROK is a potential solution to a lot of problems. Strong ‘returning old favourite to boost season ticket sales’ vibes though.

8 Likes

Interesting appointment. Looks good, and as @simon says, a real crowd pleaser…

1 Like

Wonder if we can convince Neil Cutler to come back as well…

2 Likes

A crowd pleaser, a breath of fresh air and, let’s not forget, a top coach. Loved him as a player too,

I’d go for a ROK/Mat Sadler partnership. Two ex-players with an affection for the club and who seem sensible. I’d rather have them than another L2 manager who is on his fifth lap of the clubs.

1 Like

Strong “look, squirrel” vibes too.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Very good appointment and something nice and positive to talk about for once.It will be interesting to see if there’s a positive difference in the player’s performance levels tomorrow afternoon.

I would expect nothing less than this ludicrous suggestion from the ‘El Presidente’ of this well known source of fabrication. I see many contributions from those that do not go to games, and if they do, more than likely frequent that area behind the goal. You wouldn’t catch me near that area. Especially on match days.

Let’s be very cautious about peddling such bare faced nonsense. A crowd pleaser to save a disastrous Early Bird campaign? It just shows why the Executive Board hold this site in such disregard.

1 Like

Probably one of if not the best coach in this division
Rok is a brilliant signing of only to help sadler and bring some stability for 3 weeks
If we can keep him even in an advisory part time role after the seasons end we would be stupid not to

A shot on goal would be a start

4 Likes

Seen enough of this shower at Walsall to know having RoK in the dug out will take the edge off the atmosphere

They’ve got the play book and don’t deviate.

Much like when they got in MOC to oversee our relegation to Division 4. Then showed him the door.

I see we’ve appointed a new coach / professional development phase ? These are the kinds of roles I want to see going to old hands, folks who know the club. Not some outsider with a flash CV, letters after their name and more coaching qualifications than DON HOWE.

More Rich OKellys.

Be it short term or longer, delighted to see RO’K back. He’s just what is wanted for the next three games to help out and support Sads I personally would love to see him back here for longer in some capacity be it on the coaching side or DOF.

3 Likes

Great move. Plays attractive football

1 Like

I’d like them even if we lose all 3 .
This season is done, it’s next season that matters , the chances of getting someone with ROKs knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for a club like us should be embraced

2 Likes

And you never know
With his AV connections, we may get first dibs on some of their up and coming youth players :wink:

2 Likes

The board can, rightly, say that they made good appointments in Clarke and Flynn - both successful managers at our level. The fact that it didn’t work out is down to a lot of factors, not just the board’s fault. Flynn identified and signed the players - he mostly got what he wanted. We just need a bit of luck.

1 Like

You could argue that this season it’s due to a combination of poor recruitment from last summer and in January, terrible luck with injuries and a Mansfield chairman who shafted us! We also had our two highest earners from last season on the long-term injury list which reduced our capacity to bring in more quality players. I think we have some hope for next season with the nucleus of a decent side and money freed up to bring in better players. Let’s keep the faith!!

5 Likes

We need more good customers like you, my good man! Keep that faith! What more can our board of directors do?

Any suggestions for improvement should be directed straight to the SLO’s spam folder, I mean inbox. The SLO is a young, progressive individual with a forward thinking, growth mindset and has made a real difference so I hear. It has really given great hope that all supporter concerns will be heard by someone actually on the board. This has subsequently freed up time for the rest of the Directors to carry on striving for excellence and delivering what every single Walsall customer really wants.

1 Like