Rico Henry Sell On Clause

Is there a sell on clause? That wasn’t mentioned at the time of his transfer. I know we get a good payout if Brentford reach the Premiership.

Please tell me you’re wrong with this

It won’t mention it directly, it will be part of it though I’m pretty certain.

We normally include them on our promising players,

Need to get some spies out around the local helicopter shops in Aya Napa

2 Likes

Sure we’ll reap the benefits when it happens.

1 Like

It’s such a sad state of affairs that we have these clauses hanging over us… think about the hours we chewed over the what ifs with Deeney. We’d be better getting more cash up front, these sell ons simply never come good for us. Henry will still be at Brentford, in the championship in three years time (fingers crossed I’m wrong, and would love for this to come back and haunt me!!)

1 Like

He is certainly good enough for a decent premiership team to take a relatively cheap punt of around 15 million on him .
I think why it hasn’t happened as yet is that he is prone to injury and his record shows this.

2 Likes

We won’t see a penny

2 Likes

Man City also having a look.

I can’t see it being millions if Brentford go up, perhaps 500k or something which will easily get swallowed up in the myriad Bonser payment ways.

15m and 20% sell on as it should be in the 2016 deal will be around 3m so much more difficult for club to explain away if bargain basement signings continue into next season so we need it to happen.

2 Likes

There is definitely a sell on clause it was confirmed in a WPM, the percent wasn’t disclosed.

1 Like

I don’t think Bonser will get a penny from any transfer dealings the club has.
I would be very surprised if LP didn’t purchase the assets and liabilities of the club.

Sure he won’t too. He’s well known for having the clubs best interests at heart.

1 Like

Yep I agree. Great if one comes off but judging by some of the fees we’ve received over recent years it seems we might take less up front for better clauses in the future.

Matty Cash went to Villa for a reported 16m, so surely Rico will command similar, even with the impacts of Covid?

1 Like

Thanks for that .I didn’t recall it being mentioned at the time .I do know we get a big amount if Brentford get promotion so I hope they manage that this year.

FTFY.

That’s my stance as well, I would rather we had a larger fee upfront than hoping that various clauses are met over the following years.

2 Likes

Can anyone recall and share with me, when in the past 15/20 years any sale of any Walsall player, has resulted directly in investment in the team and as such significant improvement in performance? I’m struggling to recall you see.

I believe we used the money from Rickett’s to sign Jorge’ Angell, Byfield, Bennett, Aranalde, Bukran and so on. Just about within the 20 years.

2 Likes