Rico Henry Sell On Clause

You could argue without the player sales our recruitment would have been even worse over the past 15/20 years and you could also argue a series of managers have wasted budgets on players that haven’t overall performed to the level required for our ambition. Sadly I think there are 2 issues and one is we rarely get a good price for a talent that we sell. The other is the gap between higher leagues and lower leagues has widened to the point that even cast offs of times gone by would rather bench warm and pick up a wage higher up than drop down and play on the whole these days unless you are a Salford etc.

1 Like

A quick injury update, considering we still have a financial interest. Rico is close to a return and was on the verge of the squad for today’s game. He is expected back for the play offs. £et’s hope Brentford don’t screw it up this year as they did last.

Bees star Henry closing in on return to action - West London Sport

2 Likes

His injury record is not that great, probably why big clubs aren’t prepared to splash out 15-20 million on him, it will be more like 5-10 million.
I’m all for them breaking the bank for him, it’s just not going to happen.

1 Like

I agree. His form was quite patchy before his injury too. Think he had a couple of ‘mares which contributed to the run that took them out of auto contention and to be fair since he’s been out they’ve got back on it. I’m not close enough to know if those things are all connected but I’d agree with your valuation. High single digit millions which might grab us a million to help keep the wolf from the door but certainty not freehold territory.

Not sure you are right about his form.I heard a commentary on Radio5 live not long before he was injured and he was described as the best left back in the Championship. Anyway lets hope Brentford do it this time because we know a big dollop of cash will be coming our way!!

2 Likes

I was just going from some stuff on the Brentford forum. I think they found him at least partly culpable for both QPR goals in their big derby. And having just looked back at those goals they had a point!

Well if the fans are critical it must be true :wink: seriously though I doubt it would be multi millions if he was sold hence my wish for a play off win when we know we will be in the money.

1 Like

Last 2 Seasons he’s played over 80 games which ain’t bad really, injury wise.

3 Likes

Full backs go for plenty these days. Cash was right back at Forest who didn’t even make play offs last season and he went for 16m.

Justin at Luton went for 8m to Leicester and they were league one at the time so he hadn’t even played in championship.

Was going to say no chance whatsoever he gets sold on for 5m…but it’s Walsall and sell on clauses so probably every chance!

He’s been there nearly 5 years now which is a bit mad as dosen’t seem that long ago he was playing here.

Gone almost 2 seasons (ever present last season) without being injured

1 Like

I get that he’s been injury free for a while, but in the past he’s been out for longish periods. Buying clubs will factor that in when making a purchase.
As I said, I hope we make millions from his sale, but it’s not going to be as much as some think it will be.

Unlucky. I think his injuries have been of a different nature, one knee, one dislocated shoulder.

We all know he will be at Brentford until his 35 after Brentford turn down 30 mil in 2025 from Salford

5 Likes

They will swap him for Troy Deeney.

8 Likes

Come on Brentford tomorrow! Don’t balls it up again!

3 Likes

What happens if Brentford get promoted and then sell him? Do we get money from both clauses?

1 Like

I would love to know if bonso got some claim on any money from his sale, by getting the club to sign some sort of agreement?

1 Like

I think that question has been asked chunk and no he doesn’t apparently :+1:

1 Like

No. 0.

1 Like

Yes, because he has a clause for promotion and a clause for sale. So providing they go up, both would be activated should be then be sold.