Rico Henry Sell On Clause

That rings a bell; it was Darren Wrack who fell down the stairs if I recall correctly.

He probably got some great odds on it happening :joy: :wink:

1 Like

Top night:

Great headed assist from Brightwell to see up Pedro’s goal.

11 Likes

Electric atmosphere, really miss the terraces, good times.

8 Likes

Bought back a lot of memories that game, I remember being on the terrace behind the goal as a kid , every time we scored I’d go gambling down the steps and wouldn’t stop till I got to the bottom , use to love it on that Terrace :smiley:.The place is dead now with seats

6 Likes

Explains a lot :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

Your rubbish drop offs have just gone up in price :rofl:

1 Like

2 cases of beer? :joy:

Lovely to see those highlights again. Interesting that our 4th goal came from what these days is called a high press!!!

1 Like

Yes at least :grinning:

1 Like

Have to sat that Stoke keeper reminded me of Roberts a bit! Didn’t realise the first goal from his error came right on HT, was huge for momentum as came out like a train in the second half and totally did them.

Stoke had half of the Iceland national team playing for them in those days.

1 Like

He spent a season or so with us as well after that. Not sure if it was the season after, but we definitely had him for a bit - Gavin Ward.

Just checked - he played 7 games for us in 2002/2003

1 Like

Don’t remember him at all! Can remember Mark Paston who I think may have been same season. And of course the jokers who turned up in the relegation season the next year.

Edit: Paston was 9 games in 04/05.

Gavin Ward joined us as bench-warmer when Lee Harper moved on. Shame we didn’t keep him another season, he’d have been better than that idiot Andy Petterson.

1 Like

I think in a few years we should organise a charter plane over to Cyprus and make one of those fly on the wall hero type “what ever happened to” docus on YOUtube…“in search of Jeff Bonser” ( Walsall FC the glory years) :thinking:…just to thank him for his efforts, and then we could make it an annual thing!!

1 Like

We could go and watch Makris too? See where he grew up? Interview his mum?

No Henry in Brentford’s team !!!
Injured still ?

1 Like

Just beat me. Not even warming the bench. Came on in the first leg of the semi but not included since.

Hamstring injury

His torn hamstring occurred back in February, but this set-back is said to be ‘minor’. I hope so, serious hamstring injuries can be career limiting.