Rico Henry Sell On Clause

Didn’t Brentford play silly buggers with us over the add ons for the Will Grigg transfer?

That’ll do a red card for Swansea and a ridiculous challenge why?

1 Like

Looked a bit like he slipped.

1 Like

It did on the replay mate to be fair and a bit unfortunate for him in real time it looked two footed :rofl:

1 Like

He didn’t complain much to be fair.

True and Brentford will never get a better chance than this to make it to the top flight.

1 Like

Swansea have managed to be even poorer at Wembley than Walsall were.

4 Likes

Interesting point.

Think at one point the club were paying off three seperate managers (or at least two given O’Driscoll is working at Portsmouth now in the academy) so I imagine a bit of that was held off as part of a rainy day fund.

I was also about to say some of the 2016 intake would’ve cost a fair bit e.g. Jackson coming in from the championship so likely would’ve been on higher wage than Bradshaw, Moussa proven in division when he signed so again would’ve cost more than likes of Anthony Forde and Makris of course was 300k +…

But then Rico actually played in the first two league games of the season and only left on deadline day so I dunno…

Next summer was very poor in budget and Whitney was already moaning by middle of July he’d spent most of it on Leahy, Guthrie and Devlin so something certainly dosen’t add up there…

Hope it’s not just another bermuda triangle type summer for a decent budget quickly evaporating, Taylor in his first gig certainly deserves to be backed.

1 Like

A percentage always goes to ‘infrastructure’ as well doesn’t it?

5 Likes

Like rabbits in headlights that day mate seem to remember their winger ripping us apart was it Little? Or something like that.

And believe me that takes some doing :grinning:.

4 Likes

I’m gonna start a conspiracy theory: Pomlett banked on Matty Taylor (despite interest from his former club, Swindon). Deciding factor was some of the £500,000 promised towards the playing budget if Brentford got promoted.

Add Sessegnon on loan to Brentford and Spurs signing Rico. Let’s say we get an extra half million, that could help to entice a few Spurs youngsters to share digs and help us towards the play offs.

1 Like

Who wants to be a Millionaire??? JEFF BONSER!!!

1 Like

Brentford are up then,let’s see if we actually get anything from it.

Just a word of caution folks a bigger budget does not automatically a better team make!!! It should and if the new management team are good it will.

4 Likes

Be very interested to compare our deal negotiating v how the Posh did with Ivan Tomey

Would think they will get a good payout

1 Like

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but is Henry out injured or been dropped

Injured…again!

We’re in the MONEY. !

Either way, that should fund us 3/4 top quality players.

No excuse now!

1 Like