Rico Henry Sell On Clause

Rico Rico Rico!!

1 Like

Now that’s a proper football crowd wow the energy in that crowd !

4 Likes

Outstanding game from Rico tonight.

He’ll make the England squad at some point this season.

7 Likes

Rico, Rico!

1 Like

Brentford sitting pretty at the top of the Premier League. Do we get extra for that?

2 Likes

I think we may have an international app clause too.

He could end up playing right wing with Southgate

1 Like

I thought he was decent but unspectacular. He’s in an interesting side, who are all about keeping shape and so he’s much more reserved than in his walsall days but almost certainly more effective for it, as an all round player.

1 Like

Didn’t watch last night’s game live but have seen the penalty given away by Shaw this morning. Best described as “clumsy”.

Unlike on the right hand side I’m not sure there is a huge queue ahead of Rico on the left. Shaw, Chilwell, Cresswell, Bertrand, Rose, Targett. I think Rico might be clawing his way up that ladder just now. A couple of injuries or loss of form away from a call up and another trigger activated?

Wouldn’t be sure about that. I too felt the penalty was silly, but Shaw has been outstanding for at least a season now, one of our best performers in the euros. Chilwell is a European Champion and looked good albeit against Andorra Saturday.

When you consider, as you say, he’s probably on a level with four other players below that I reckon he’s some way off breaking into that

3 Likes

I agree. Good player but currently down in the pecking order. However, should he continue his current form he would certainly be in the conversation for an England place.

Shaw and Chilwell are nailed on. An injury to either though and I look at the list above and think he’s got a chance.

Rose’s best days are long gone, the other three are decent but not amazing - over 30 in two cases. If Southgate wants to promote up and coming players then Rico has a chance but there is the obvious issue that he’s playing for a ‘little’ club.

2 Likes

If he keeps playing well at Brentford a Leicester, Villa or Spurs will come in for him before too long.

Who knows perhaps he’s even on Newcastle’s list of targets as they obviously need to sign some youngish player rather than just every single big name 30 year old that’s stuck on the bench at top level club.

Think at some stage in next 18 months we’ll find out what sort of sell on clause was agreed in August 2016.

1 Like

It won’t be any less than Troy Deeney’s was, and that was 20%

1 Like

It’s more left wing with football this day in age.

Surprised he’s not already ahead of Grealish, Southgate has a clear dislike for the lad :joy:

4 Likes

He does doesn’t he?

I blame an over obsession with stats. Grealish probably has relatively poor retention and pass completion rates versus say a Mount. But he gambles and drives at teams rather than possession for possession sake. Grealish always seems to have an attacking purpose to his play.

1 Like

His decision to leave Sterling on whilst sacrificing Grealish was ridiculous. He’s lucky that he has so much talent to bail him out at times.

5 Likes

I couldn’t believe it when Southgate took Grealish off and replaced him with Sako. Grealish was (as usual) our main creative threat.
It’s not the first time Southgate has got it wrong with Grealish- remember how reluctant he was to even start him when he was at Villa when he was the most creative player in the country.
I’m afraid despite all of his utterances about equality and fair chances for everyone he clearly has his favourites. Sako has done very little since an impressive debut, Kane is woefully out of touch and Sterling gets a game regardless of his form.

Souness makes me laugh and he’s probably right about this situation to be fair but he said Jack keeps the ball for too long that’s why he’s the most fouled player in the premier league if he was playing with Jack in his day he’d be telling him to move it quicker :rofl:

1 Like