Rico Henry Sell On Clause

It was. He should have dumped both Sterling and Kane on the hour. He should build the team around Grealish and Foden, who can make things happen. If Kane keeps playing as he did last night, he should be dropped but not for Abraham. In fact, with Kane misfiring, England have a real striker problem.

1 Like

certainly not going back into my dream team

1 Like

I’d put money on him being furious with Daniel Levy for not allowing him to move to Man City he’s been awful for Spurs and England since all of that transfer talk.

2 Likes

Southgate manages just like he played - too conservative. I dislike the way our national team plays, slow tempo, building from the back, always looking to pass the ball backwards and too defensive. We have pacey players but don’t encourage them to attack.
Granted, he got us to the Euro final, but again, no cigar. It’s a disgrace we’ve not won a major tournament since 1966, we invented the game for goodness sake!
Southgate out.

6 Likes

A draw at home and the knives are out… :laughing: But it’s hard not to agree with most

Kane is a goalscorer but he’s adapting his game to drop deeper now for whatever reason and I’m not sure that’s in England’s best interests. Watkins and Abraham should get more time. I despair when we line up defensively at Wembley.

There’s a real need for some fresh ideas for me, we are too predictable and I think the world cup we may come a cropper. But we have seen it all before, England always qualify in the most boring way possible.

There’s no jeopardy in the way that England plays now. It’s too safe, keep the ball, sideways & backwards passing - until finally someone plays a forward pass to a player that’s got a couple of opposition players up his arse & possession is lost. The style of play is soooooo predictable & slow that it’s no wonder we struggle to break teams down. Really frustrating.
What’s worse is that it doesn’t seem that there’s a “Plan B” so even when we’re “chasing” the game we play the same slow, predictable style.
I would not pay good money to watch England, even if they played at the Banks’s…

1 Like

The way we currently play will see us competitive, however I can’t see it winning a tournament.

We leave to much to much to chance.

He changed the system last night from 2 holding midfielders in rice and Phillips and went 4-3-3 and we looked wide open at times so he can’t win really can he.

1 Like

This all day long.
Sideways and backwards appears to be the unwritten mantra of England teams these days, so boring, little wonder the crowd was entertaining themselves with paper aeroplanes!
Kane is a flop currently, but first on the teamsheet because he is Kane, slow, pedestrian and currently unable to hit a barn door at ten paces.
How many times during England’s last few matches has an attack gone so far backwards that it has landed back with our goalkeeper!

2 Likes

I’ve stopped watching England it is boring, it surpose to be entertaining. Kane hasn’t been on form for ages, since he didn’t leave tottenham he seems bored of playing.

2 Likes

Still streets ahead of the other strikers though.

3 Likes

Opps idiot

1 Like

Definitely the road forward.

Oh come on, let’s be avenue. You can do better than that.

1 Like

What? He’s much better than Sterling who seems to run up blind alleys most of the time

Kane is very out of form & hasn’t been able to put away the chances that he normally does. How he must rue those missed opportunities…

3 Likes

Oh come on. He’s going close.

2 Likes

Your use of the word “rue” is quality (street).

3 Likes

I had to find a way of using the French I learned at school…

Some of the runs he makes he ends up in a cul-de-sac