Ripping things up

NOTICE: Site Ettquette

4 Likes

Because people can’t handle dissenting opinion. You’re just a troll or a wind up.

Go ■■■■ yourself

1 Like

Hahaha sums it up :man_shrugging:

Another thread disappears down the rabbit hole.
At least this one delivered a few loffs.

1 Like

“Disgrace!” “The bloke doesn’t know what he’s on about!” “Hilarious ■■■■ take comment”

“Actually I think it’s reasonable what he said”

“BOOOOOOO HISSS TROLL RUINING ANOTHER THREAD!”

Colossal bore

1 Like

II was referring to your response about if he said that he was carrying on doing the same things.

As I posted, yes he needs to change things, but to admit that he needs to rip it all up and start again, and to mention diving in puddles is more evidence to me that he is naive and out of his depth.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: this thread

Yeah and I was responding to your post where you said there’s no need for extremes in either direction. I think that is exactly what’s called for at this stage.

He’s tinkered here and there all year.

[quote=“el_nombre, post:37, topic:2391, full:true”] But hey, if he came out and said we are sticking to what we have done all season he’d get battered for that as well
[/quote]

Sorry mate, I think that we are at cross purposes.

This was the comment I was referring to about extremes. Yes he would , because it would be ludicrous, but no more so, in my view, than saying after 40 odd games of the season that he is ripping it all up and starting again. I could understand if a new manager said that.

Ahh I see.

Agreed, but I don’t think it is true of the opposite. Drastic change is exactly what is needed. I don’t see any department or section of the system that is working at the moment. The defence is at sixes and sevens, the midfield can’t keep the ball for toffee or win it back, the wingers are ineffective and the strikers are feeding off scraps. That’s not just one game, that’s almost every game since the beginning of winter.

Why is it not ok for Keates to do that then? People are crying out for a new manager for exactly that reason, because it would be somebody coming in and doing things completely differently. Now I’m sure that Keates leaving is the preferred choice for most people and it’s not an opinion I disagree with. But the reality is he isn’t leaving and neither is he being sacked. Not this week anyway.

So surely the next best thing is him trying to do that himself, even if it isn’t a new manager?

I suppose because a new manager can be the new broom rather than the one that has overseen the current situation.

Comes down to credibility for me. Just my own view.

But this is the next best thing we can hope for.

Or we can sit around in every thread bashing Keates for everything he does whether it’s fair or not and discussing how much we want him to be sacked :man_shrugging:

I prefer tissues

quelle surprise

And nearly always involves the same posters.

2 Likes

Like I said…

Some people want an Echo Chamber

At Wrexham Keates’ record was P71 W25 D25 L21 a win percentage of 35.2%. That is pretty unremarkable really. Just before he left his team had won just 2 of the their previous 9 matches, and only 4 of their last 16.

There is no way that a National League manager with such an indifferent record would have been appointed as Walsall manager without the fond memories we have of him as a player.

4 Likes

Agree completely. I think as fans it’s understandable to get whipped up in the nostalgia of it at the time, but you’d hope the Board would be able to take a more impartial view to one of their most important managerial appointments…