Rollin Menayese signs

I believe the collective term for c***s is ‘a Darrell’.

5 Likes

Since having it pointed out to me a few years ago, I now feel I need to correct anybody who describes a football match as “turgid”. The word folk are looking for is torpid.

2 Likes

I’ve heard both of those words used about WFC quite a few times in recent years. :joy: Hopefully not so often in future.

1 Like

Yes. I never ever want to hear ‘going down the Wednesbury Road to see the torpid saddlers’ again. Listening to that has been undeniably turgid!

3 Likes

If you’re reading this Rollin, hopefully you will have gotten a lot cleverer reading a bunch of posts about, what you may find, a torpid topic.

Is anyone going to come up with a variation on Proud Mary to be sung to the lad?

And what about all the newbies? There are a usually a load of prospective songs on here by this stage normally.

‘It’s just another Manny Monthé‘…

9 Likes

@simon incredible. I want that to catch on.

1 Like

Surely the first Bangles themed chant…

2 Likes

Don’t the Scousers sing “Walk Like An Egyptian” to Salah? (if they don’t they ought to!)

Mena-meneh-yeseh

To the tune of ‘Money, money, money” by ABBA…

1 Like

I don’t have to run day? :thinking:

For Jack…

“Please don’t make us get Jack Earing… Out”
“He’ll show you what a fight is all about”
“He’ll throw you down and mop the floor”
“And show you what we’re fighting for”
“Just please don’t make us get Jack Earing out”

Tune…0.46 - 1.04

Or, sung to the tune of ‘Monster’ by The Automatic, “what’s that coming over the hill, is it a monthe, is it a monthe?”

3 Likes

Watch him head the ball away,
He’ll tackle you all ******* day,
Just another Manny Monthé.

1 Like

They should! Their badge also features not one but two eternal flames. I think we’ve found a link here.

2 Likes

Checking their discography I see they also had a single entitled Going Down To Liverpool - definitely something in this …

1 Like

Or “to do” rather than to “go to”

“ I’m doing Rome this year”

If I was in charge, Dickensian English would be mandatory in schools :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

If ever you do a Michel Thomas course, it’s interesting that he points out that the grammar of e.g. Spanish and French, in the present tense at least, bear more resemblance to the English of the King James Bible than modern English. Their way of using the tense is closer to to " where goest thou? " than " where are you going?" The difference always throws his students initially They think they need to use the verb " to be" to translate " where are you going " or " to do" to translate " what do you think?"

2 Likes

Why don’t you just use a UK English keyboard?
I do on the pc I bought from amazon.com.

Of course, if you’re happy with ‘defense’…

American English doesn’t just have different spelling, it also has archaic grammatical structures (apart from the use of ‘gotten’), particularly to do with the subjunctive.