Rollin Menayese signs

Great name for anagrams: Anyone Smellier

Welcome Rollin!!

3 Likes

I know, signing virtually an entire squad before the first friendly, including more experience and quality that we have seen in yearsā€¦ Terrible recruitment :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

With so many signings coming thick and fast, Iā€™m losing track now. :crazy_face:

Iā€™m not going to bother too much about what exact position they will actually be played in, but by my reckoning I think that with those retained/re-signed/given pro-contracts plus the newbies and loans (and going off the OSā€™s classification of them) we now have:

2 GKs
9 defenders
9 midfielders
3 forwards

So that would be 23 players (SO FAR) competing for the 18 places available in the match day squad. We started last season with 26 but obviously added (is that the right word???) to this with other loans later.

I also agree that Sadler is probably not likely to play many games (if any) unless we have a bit of a crisis, and at least 3 of the kids will likely only be expected to be bit parts getting just the odd chance to warm the bench and maybe an EFL Trophy game (if not sent out on loan) - but then again, exactly the same would have true last year too.

So realistically, how many more do we need to bring in, and are we talking loans or permanent deals?

Nope was talking about this in particular. Recruitment on the whole has been ok, as Iā€™ve said after every decent signing :+1:

Exactly we could have paid a fee and been stuck with him if he wasnā€™t upto it. Now if he isnā€™t up to it we just cut him loose
Good business

2 Likes

Have you seen our recruitment over the past 4 years!

Doesnā€™t matter what the deal is if heā€™s rubbish. If you get a ******* horrible T-shirt for half price (because we are still probably paying wages) thatā€™s not a good deal.

Iā€™ll wait and see how he plays before deciding if itā€™s good business.

Is he not good enough for Mansfield then?

I guess clough doesnā€™t fancy him.

But letā€™s not forget, thatā€™s the same Clough who couldnā€™t wait to get rid of Andy Butler at Sheff United. So perhaps he doesnā€™t know a decent centre half when he sees one? :wink:

I wouldnā€™t pay much attention to it being a loan, Iā€™d imagine this is a cash flow decision as he is in contract. As previously said at least if it doesnā€™t work we can give him back! If we had signed him on a perm earlier in the window we would be buzzing about the signing.

Lloyd Griffith the old Soccer AM host rates him!

3 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:.

2 Likes

Ye genuine question as Iā€™ve not heard of him.

Forwards always seem to be the last to come in, they know they are most in demand, so can hold out for better deals.

Have faith

1 Like

6ft 2" . Another biggy.

I would definitely loan out batesā€¦ we are overloaded in midfield and canā€™t see where he would get in the team if Iā€™m honestā€¦ definitely need another striker and winger and left back and think we will be done

1 Like

This season could be the making of Alfie Bates went backwards in a poor team that didnā€™t have a clue and without any leadership . He has definitely got talent and With better players around himTaylor could well re ignite his development .

2 Likes

Think we already are mate, saddens me that Taylor also seems to think that forwards are not a necessity to do well in the 4th Division.
We shall see, still hopeful, but a marquee striker would have sold many more hundreds of season tickets, now we will have to rely on many more goals coming from midfield. Canā€™t wait to see Ward in a Walsall shirt though.

Conor Wickham could be coming in. The fullarton link and heā€™s not wanted at place. Alternatively we could could go for akinfenwa. Could do a job for us

I honestly donā€™t think that he would be getting an extra defender in if he thought it would impact his budget on forward reinforcements.
I think he has something up his sleeve as regards to a good striker.