Romaine Sawyers 1

From what I remember,I think Butler was originally a winger (I’m sure I remember him playing wide very early in the reserves).

1 Like

What a despicable human being. Just shows how far there is still to go with respect to getting shut of this stuff. It’s 2021 ffs.

10 Likes

Look at what this lads done to help through this pandemic and even he’s getting abused.

2 Likes

Just bigoted small minded cowards , if they ever met the people they are abusing they would probably be all over them asking for a selfie or a autograph.
It’s too easy to say ignore it, there really does need strong action taken against these idiots , and it’s not good enough to say it’s a education thing these people are doing these things by choice they know exactly what they are saying

1 Like

I suppose the problem is that the online platforms allow them anonymity. What they do is definitely illegal. Maybe the answer is to make Twitter, Facebook and so on legally responsible for the content, as a publisher would be. Or at least they are responsible if the transgressor is not anonymous.

2 Likes

Yes agree with that , or make registration more rigid and traceable doubt they would do that though

No, people can hide their identity, which is why I think that the platforms have to be responsible unless the identity of the person is known. Publishers of books, magazines and web-pages are legally responsible, after all.

I definitely rated Sawyers, almost unplayable on his day.
I agree with other that he did drift in and out of games on occasion.
He’s a good player but I think the Premier league is above his station imho.

Hard to prove unless it happens, but I think if you put him in a decent, solid premier team - Villa, Wolves, Palace for instance, nice and safe in mid table - he could look decent for them.
I suppose he’s one of those players who needs plenty of the ball, and needs forwards who will work and move to give him a target to hit.

He can do a job at that level. There’s plenty of players who have been no better than him who have played a lot of games at that level. He’d never be a top Prem player but there’s no disgrace in that.

Agree he’d look better in a better side. That may be obvious for any player perhaps but just look how much more effective he was for us when we played more attacking as Smiths side got better, when he had decent players making runs, through balls available etc.

I hear what you’re saying.
I’ve seen WBA quite a lot this season and was really cheering Sawyers on to show the potential we all witnessed at Walsall. In truth, he hasn’t been that outstanding player I thought he would become.
Granted, WBA are poor this year, and, I think the Allardyce hire was a very bad decision as has proven to be the case since his arrival. There were much more qualified candidates to choose from out there.
Maybe my expectations of the lad were too high, he’s done well to play in the premiership. I just wanted more for him.

1 Like

Starting today for the Baggies against Spurs.

Listening to Talkshite & Dean Ashton reckons that Sawyers doesn’t have the pace or defensive skills to succeed in the Premier League.
He’d know, I guess…

He dosen’t play as a number 10 anymore does he, seems to be more of a deep sitting midfielder for West Brom.

1 Like

Agree seems to play in a Declan Rice Holberg role doesn’t he between the midfield and back 4.

That’s true and that’s why Dean Ashton is spot on, particularly about when he plays that position.

The defensive part of his game was obviously his weak area when he played for us, so how he’s expected to perform deeper and more defensively at the top level,does him no favours.

1 Like

Sawyers isn’t a deep lying midfielder. Never has been never will be. You will never see the best from Sawyers until he’s further up the pitch. He’s absolutely wasted at West Brom.

1 Like

Before Christmas 2019 he was playing further forward for WBA and he was outstanding , since then he has been getting deeper and deeper which has coincided with the baggies loss of attacking options and form .
Definitely needs to play in the opposing half

1 Like

Yeah, agree. Whenever I’ve seen the WBA highlights on MOTD etc, you watch him sat in front of the back 4 and he looks a bit lost, especially when he has to turn and face his own goal. Doesn’t seem to track and pick players up into and in his own box as a DM needs to.

Where did he play for ‘Kurupt FM’? I’m presuming more in the 10 role which is what he so much more effective in and is probably why WBA bought him! Livermore seems to play ahead of sawyers when it would be better for it to be the other way round IMO.

1 Like

Livermore another player who somehow managed to get an England cap when they were being given away as a free for all.