Rory Gaffney Signs

Me too. I was preying it was going to be, Rory Gaffney signs for ANYBODY.

1 Like

As a Keele graduate I never thought Iā€™d see that name on hereā€¦ :see_no_evil:

1 Like

If walsall had the option to send him back Iā€™m sure he would have been gone by now, so it looks like hes hanging around like a bad smell until the end of the season unfortunately, hopefully DC has learned his lesson and wont make the same mistake twice in signing such an inept useless gutless waste of space again.

Haha I went to Keele aswell. Used to see him all the time around the Library and also Union Square/Kiln (just assumed he was a maintenance guy taking regular breaks:joy:)

Came across his story on the Guardian website towards the end of my 3 years there (when I was supposed to be doing my Dissertation).

The BBC docu/drama on him was a great watch, Toby Jones played the role very well.

I assume the reference is because he did actually come on and shuffle around for Stoke once in a testimonial game.

1 Like

He can only play for us or Salford this season, as heā€™s appeared in league games for both. Salford have already loaned a forward from Fleetwood, who is undoubtably better than Gaffney. We are stuck with him, hence Clarkeā€™s comments in December RE getting behind Gaffney.

2 Likes

Does that apply for non league teams aswell?

1 Like

What about Sunday League?

3 Likes

Well that and him always being player of the season for Neil Baldwin FC - scoring in every single game (even if it does require a last minute penalty retaken 4 times before he does! :joy:)

1 Like

I had a word with my old manager at the Hussy Arms about taking him but he wasnā€™t interested :smile:

3 Likes

Get use to Gaffney. He ainā€™t going back to Salford.

Salford City have signed Millwall striker Tom Elliott on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Great idea. But make it a lower league Sunday team. He might just do ok then. Oh i feel a bit tight. I have seen some rubbish in our shirt over the years, He is probably the absolute worst.

Give the bloke a break ffsā€¦this ainā€™t gonna help him , or encourage future potential signings to come here.

2 Likes

Brought it on himself in a wayā€¦ You donā€™t shush :shushing_face: the Walsall faithful cuz they are not very forgiving :triumph:

1 Like

Yeah.

Back every player regardless of how ā– ā– ā– ā–  they are.

If Clarke is looking at other strikers as it seems with the Marsh situation then who else will go? Canā€™t see us having 5 senior strikers on the books.

He might be ā– ā– ā– ā– , but heā€™s OUR ā– ā– ā– ā– !

1 Like

Exactly mate thatā€™s why Iā€™ve got more time for him than someone like Gaffney :+1:

We went to the orient game and I was watching the strikers warm up from the stadium suite(with a pint)Gaffney never missed a strike at goal beat the keeper on every occasion barring one which he put wide and he must have done 10 or more of these drills and no I wasnā€™t pissed up :rofl: so maybe the lad is doing it in training just like the dart players ā€œhit 9 darters for funā€ in the practice room but donā€™t do it on the big stage.Heā€™s had plenty of opportunity to showcase what he has and hasnā€™t took that opportunity the only loser out of it all will be himself because he ainā€™t never getting a run in the Salford squad.

4 Likes

Maybe their is a footballing equivalent of the Yips.
:thinking:

1 Like