Rose or Roberts?

Both look fragile, In an ideal world we would offload one and bring a No1 keeper in.

1 Like

Neither are good enough to play in a side who will be knocking on the door of League One

They’re both L2 understudies at best.

Let’s hope for a Premier League or Chsmpionship loanee

In fairness I don’t think that will be the aim next season (pending any ridiculous claims from the chairman to sell tickets). I think they will be looking at a solid midtable with anything more being a bonus and fair enough considering the state we are in.

To me Rose is fine for that standard. Reliable, if unspectacular. As both are contracted up, if you add a third to that way too much of the budget is being eaten up by Keepers. Id be more than happy to offload Roberts, bring up a youth team player to sit on the bench this season, and spend in other areas. Then next summer when Rose is out of contract, shop for something better, providing he doesn’t have a blinder of a season.

This rebuild is going to take sensible long term planning and the acceptance of the position we are in. The last one was built on “bring my mates in and we will ■■■■ the league” seemingly and I hope it is more considered this time.

5 Likes

Interesting. Both looked better behind a decent back line, Rose more so. No point in ■■■■■■■■ money here when there’s better gains in other positions, especially if they’re both contracted.

Don’t get the criticism of Rose if I am honest. Think he played 18 games and was probably directly responsible for 1 goal and that was the Salford game, even then it was a bit of a dodgy pass to him. Looks solid, distribution is decent, commands his area ok, not got the frame and size of Roberts but comes for crosses.

Doesn’t make many worldies but not many keepers at this level do that’s why they are playing league 2. use any available funds for other areas of the team. I don’t even trust Roberts as a number 2 so if we could ship him out look at getting a loan from the prem like we did with Rose

That is an area of Roberts’ game he still hasn’t improved. He looks so indecisive coming for crosses. He has made 130 league appearances, how has the penny not dropped yet?

Biggest signing we could make is to bin of Maik Taylor and get someone who can actually coach a GK in.

Roberts was twice the 'keeper under Cutler.

1 Like

Great, now let’s get spirits high by keeping clean sheets and coming off the pitch without making an error.

1 Like

No side with Rose or Roberts will get promoted.

Hope I am wrong

1 Like

That’s a stretch!

I think it’s more to do with the coach,Roberts was looking a decent keeper when Cutler was here,also got to say neither keeper can have much confidence in our defenders.

Anecdotally one of them makes less saves, the other less mistakes.

If I were Fullerton, I’d have had a chat with Sadler and Clarke because centre backs will know. If one of the two keepers makes their defenders more assured or confident then that keeper should get the nod. My money would be on Rose getting the defenders’ nods. Just seems steadier and less prone to an eccentric moment.

I think there’s something in that. Clarke thought he could glide up out the decision using the same method, and the lieutenants he did last time. Once it dawned it wasn’t the same situation, and his lieutenants were too old, he had no Plan B.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go that far!!!

Okay 1.3x haha

This is a hard 1… Roberts is one of ours. He’s a good shot stopper… He’s distribution is poor
Rose however is as good as Roberts maybe better he still has to improve.
If I need to pick 1 itl b rose

1 Like

Express & Star are scrapping the barrel, I think that’s the 3rd Rose story that have done in the space of 5 days

5 Likes

That article reminded me of the old nursery rhyme “Jack be nimble,Jack be quick ,Jack jumped over the candlestick”. :grinning: Forgive me folks its my age you know!!!

2 Likes

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Rose should start cos Liam’s ■■■■.

8 Likes