Rushall Olympic fans

I agree @Otiswfc the blokes a child. Whole thing is weird.

3 Likes

Yep.

Strange.

Same bloke actively went against the Unity protests, and came out back then as a Bonser apologist/supporter.

5 Likes

This is not an either or decision which needs to be made for heaven’s sake.

I have followed Walsall for many years since the early eighties and for many years was a season ticket holder. Whilst i am always pee’d off when we lose i now decide where i fancy going on the day. As it stands currently Rushall wins hands down (for me) at the moment purely based on the entertainment value and matchday experience. Simples.

I attended the FGR match at Bescot and to be honest it was a proper shit experience and one for which i scolded myself for paying to put myself through.

For less than the price i paid for the FGR match i then decided to head down Dales Lane in subsequent weeks for the matches against Nuneaton Borough and Hednesford. Great entertainment, good atmosphere, chatted with mates, drank beer and ate quality pies. Lovely.

Clearly i am stupid for not paying to suffer a shite experience again and again. Silly me!

I reserve the right to decide when i want to watch a game of football and where that will be. When i feel i will get some value for money or just fancy a “peek” at how we are getting on, i will do.

4 Likes

No way never knew that :joy::joy:

1 Like

Just to be clear it’s obviously people’s choice like I said I look out for there results and will pop down occasionally I’ve grew up on Walsall and Rushall and briefly played for the club and have family connections to it even now but I still couldn’t put them before Walsall that’s just me though.

Have they? Last I checked they were ripped off for 25 years and then the new hope has degraded the club even further than it had been during that period. I mean, I’ll always be a Walsall fan, but those that have thought f*** this have hardly done it very quickly and I don’t blame them. You’d have to be pretty blinkered not to understand the reasons that they have.

You’ve totally misinterpreted the post. If you don’t think going home and away with Walsall to the very next season putting ‘f*** Walsall’ on social media and laughing when we lose/concede is a sudden very quick and odd change then we’ll just agree to disagree.

3 Likes

No I haven’t, you’ve chosen to believe anybody that says f*** this have done it within the last season. I know people that have been going since the 70s that have thought in the last 5 years or so that it’s not worth it anymore. The reason we can’t fill a ground or people have been going elsewhere is not a quick thing.

You can’t ignore reality just to give it “they’re not real fans”.

Where did I say this?

Haha come on, if that’s not what you’re saying that by painting people as fickle what are you saying?

Like I said, there’s valid, concrete and non flippant reasons to jack this club in over the last 30 years and particularly the last 10. It’s not as simple as you are making it out to be.

So we’ve established I didn’t say that. Got it :+1:t3:

Yeah, sorry. You’re definitely saying that people that decide “in one season” to go are completely loyal and the best fans of the club. Fair enough. Sorry to misunderstand you.

Obviously the reality is it’s all rosy in the garden, particularly this minute

1 Like

El Nombre yet again jumping from one extreme to another.

I’m not going to let you put words in my mouth about the people that I personally know, have been to many many home and away games with, and that I still speak to. I have told them I find that sudden change odd. I have never once said they’re not a real fan, and I wouldn’t dream of it.

If you don’t believe that, then that’s up to you. I know you struggle to see anything other than black or white.

No I’m not, I’m holding you to your own statement. Saying it’s “very quickly” is just plain nonsense :man_shrugging: This club has been on the slide for the last 5 years consistently and been run as a side business for the 25 years preceding it.

Yes you are. You said that I called the very people that I know not real fans. You didn’t realise that I know them and wanted to try and make out that I was just bad mouthing people. Just settle down a little bit, yeah?

1 Like

Nope, I said that’s what you inferred. I asked you to at least not insult my intelligence by pretending you were saying anything different about fans that are fickle and you’ve refused to so fair enough I guess.

The point still stands that people that are walking away are not doing it “very quickly” (as I know how fussy you are about being quoted directly) and to accuse them of such is to ignore the long standing issues at the club.

Typing words doesn’t mean you’re not calm :+1:

They’re not just fans, they’re friends of mine. Consider that before you try to pretend you know what I’m saying. End of discussion (with you, at least).

1 Like

Course they are :+1: like I said fair enough I guess. For somebody so keen to not be misquoted maybe you should have made that clear from the outset by making blanket statements that only apply to your close friends :man_shrugging:

Like I said, it’s not even the point you’ve conveniently driven away from so fair enough.

Maybe they were fans mate but anyone who does that isn’t anymore in my opinion like you i find it very strange how people can switch it on and off like that.

1 Like

I think you both have a valid point. Nobody turned their backs quickly however laughing when we concede is ridiculous.

3 Likes