Russell Martin

Excellent signing!

:grinning:

Great signing well done Deano :clap:t2:… and a big well done to the board for making it happen …that’s what we want a bit of positive ambition :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Agree with some of this , players signed for the club before loans for me.

1 Like

He’s not come here on those wages to sit on the bench. Thanks to Jack for his efforts but he’s not our player and has made it clear, he sees his future at the Baggies.

2 Likes

I can’t see anywhere where it says what wage he is on?

Wonder if he’s eligible for tomorrow?

He won’t be free loan like Jack that’s for sure.

1 Like

This is the coup of the year in my book and can’t understand championship clubs not signing him however their loss will be our gain .
His presence will rub off on Guthrie who will definitely benefit as a player with Martin next to him, well done Deano and the club for making this happen.

2 Likes

Great signing - well happy.

1 Like

Good bit of business.

People already discussing shoving Jack Fitzwater through the exit door, though?! Lets just wait and see how this guy does first! :roll_eyes:

I think we should try to sign Fitzwater at the end of the season,If baggies get back in the prem Fitz would be better off here,not much chance of him playing at the top level

I’m not saying shove him through the exit door at all. I’m saying we should start him over a player that will probably be off in Jan and see how he does. You can always bring Fitz back in if it doesn’t work.

Always risky breaking up partnerships in key areas mid-season, but I see where your coming from.

Great signing. Well done all at the club for pulling this off.

He’s actually played a fair bit of his career at right back so maybe in some games against the better teams at this level we’ll see him there and Devlin pushed ahead. 3-5-2 could certainly be an option aswell.

2 Likes

I thought at the time it was announced it was said Fitz was on a fixed season long loan with no January recall?

That’s what I thought, but I can’t find it now.

I also thought it was 12 month loan but Albion already mentioned he could be recalled in January along with others on loan.

Worth remembering also that given he’s only just joined Martin won’t have had a pre season so I doubt we’ll see him much next few weeks and then he’ll get games here and there.

Guess there probably is a thought that Fitzy will go back (although pretty sure WBA have 4-5 CBs already on their books still in the championship) so Martin would be ready by then to slot in.

Fitzwater is till January, it’s Kane Wilson who is for the season.

2 Likes

It’s Ronan who’s loan is up in January. Fitzwater, Johnson, and Wilson are all season long. Any one of whom can be recalled in January, like James Wilson was from his season long loan last January, but not before or after.